Couple questions about PSN

Xdqwerty

Im bored
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
  1. Is it safe to log in to PSN with ps3hen on?
  2. Is it true that there will be limitations if i make my account here in Venezuela?

NiQ1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
  1. Is it safe to log in to PSN with ps3hen on?
  2. Is it true that there will be limitations if i make my account here in Venezuela?

1. I would not recommend it. Indeed, 90% of bans are due to cheating / modding and/or trophy hacking, but having PS3HEN enabled means that there are custom syscalls, that certain games can detect. If you have no real reason to have HEN enabled, better keep it disabled while online.
  2. PSN is not officially available in Venezuela, but it's not geo-restricted, so you can just pick a supported country when signing up on Sony's website (you cannot create accounts on the PS3 itself anymore for security reasons). I recommend you pick a country in the same time zone as you, or at least as close as possible, in order to be able to play with others without having to stay up all night or give up work hours, and also avoid Brazil unless you speak Portuguese.
    The only major issue would be purchases on the PS3 store, since a credit card from the country you've selected when signing up might be required. The best workaround is to buy PSN gift-cards from that country on Amazon or eBay or whatever and redeem them. Note that gift-cards are geo-restricted, so you might want to check from which countries they're available before signing up.

Reactions: Xdqwerty

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 😡 😡 😡 😡