Neomotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hi. New member here. :)

Just dropped in to ask a question, something I can't really figure out.

I had a setup which worked like a charm, until my hard drive quit. So now I have a new hard drive (2,5 500gb, formatted in fat32). But, this new drive doesn't use it's own powersource like the old one. The old one was always spinning, the new one doesn't get triggered by the wii. When I unplug and plug back in, it reacts and the wii sees it. But as soon as it reads, it falls back into sleepmode it seems. Am I missing something? Or doesn't this drive work with the wii?

I am using a Hitachi Z5K500 drive, and an encasing from Lightinthebox for usb connection. Anyone?

Neomotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Also, I am using GX Loader if that makes any difference. I had it working with a Seagate External HDD, but that one died. This is an internal HDD which is now in a casing to use as external usb. It works on my Macbook. Really bummed...

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Some hard disks require you to connect to 2 USB ports since one doesn't provide enough power, try connecting to 2 USB ports using the Y-USB cable provided with the encasing

Reactions: Neomotion

Neomotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It only came with a normal regular cable, but I do have one. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. It only works when I unplug the drive when the wii is starting, and then plug it back in. It comes to life, but only for a short while. Then it goes idle again. I think. Thanks for the suggestion.

Neomotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
To clarify, I ment to say I do have a Y-cable and I did what you suggested, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Neomotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is almost as af the wii isn't triggering the hard disk. Could it be because I have it formatted to Fat32, and the other one was formatted to wbfs?

Neomotion

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
But unfortunately, that also doesn't work. Gonna try to swap this drive with my ps3 drive, and see if that one works like intended.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: