Hacking Could someone please help me

3dsgamer19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im having trouble with my 3ds and have been tryng hard to find a soultion and seem to only have made it worse today i recieved a battery for my 3ds to get it going again i have cfw on there im not too sure what i did wrong but it wouldnt let me boot with or without the memory card in the slot i tried restoring the nand but i chose the option without keep a9lh aside of that it stayed stuck on 52% which i had to shut down and now the 3ds dosent boot with the memory card in there and if i try holding down left trigger right trigger up dpad and a while powering on i cant acess the menu to restore nand and keep a9hl menu no more i get and error contact nintendo screen. im able to boot up without the memory card in the slot but i have no games since the card is not in is my 3ds still hacked is it still cfw or do i have to start over again? do i need to wipe out my sd card and install cfw again? heres a pic of what my sd card looks like. thanks in advance i havent messed with this scene since 2017 im pretty confused to be honest i appreciate any help or guidance

Attachments

• Screenshot (35).png
    Screenshot (35).png
    102.9 KB · Views: 166
Last edited by 3dsgamer19,

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
[…]i have cfw on there im not too sure what i did wrong but it wouldnt let me boot with or without the memory card in the slot i tried restoring the nand but i chose the option without keep a9lh aside of that it stayed stuck on 52% which i had to shut down and now the 3ds dosent boot with the memory card[…]
Why NAND restore as first step and on top of that without preserving A9LH?!
We need to find out if A9LH has been overwritten (likely). And we don’t know in what kind of limbo state the NAND/firmware currently is – being overwritten half.

Put your current SD aside and take another one (empty, formatted with FAT32). Put arm9loaderhax.bin from the v7.0.5 release of Luma3DS on that empty SD. Hold (Select) while booting with the second SD and see if you can access Luma settings. If not, A9LH has probably already been wiped.

Some questions:
  • Does the 3DS work normally without your main SD?
    • Can you use cartridges? Please test both 3DS and DS software.
    • Do preinstalled titles work? Face Raiders, the sound app, browser applet…
  • What firmware version is shown in System Settings?
  • Wild guess (I came later and am not familiar with A9LH): As far as I know the “Health and Safety” app was often replaced with FBI. What happens if you start H&S?
This case goes beyond my knowledge and could potentially be tricky. If I were in your shoes, my first goal would be to get a full image of the NAND before any further modification.

3dsgamer19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to answer the first two questions the answer is simple im an idiot and i was misguided.I seek help from the community as i wish not to do further damage.

1. it tried putting arm9loaderhax.bin in another clean sd card and loading up luma while holding select to no avail
2.the 3ds works great without the sd card all the functions work like face raiders, the sound app, and etc. same goes with 3ds games and ds games.
3. the system settings is now at 11.2.0-35u
4. i tried opening he "health and safety" app and fbi did not load everything seems to be factory

thanks for replying i appreciate that another quesion how can i get a full image of my nand? know these are noob questions but its been a couple years i havent messed with this system and honestly im super lost

Wryyyong

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep, sounds like your A9LH installation was wiped. Especially if you can't boot into Luma's config menu even with Luma3DS v7.0.5 (ie. the last version of Luma3DS that has A9LH support).

Though, seeing as how your current firmware version is 11.2 (~50% of it at least), it might be possible and viable to use Soundhax to install B9S, followed by updating your system to try and get it out of that weird firmware limbo.

HOWEVER, doing that is still not without risk: updating or installing B9S while in that state could potentially cause yet more damage depending on the situation. While I do recommend you keep this idea in your head, I'd wait until we get confirmation from someone who knows better on how viable this route is.

Reactions: 3dsgamer19

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Okay, let’s see:
  1. Seems A9LH is gone.
  2. Better than what I expected after partial restore.
  3. Version 11.2.0-35U allows easy B9S installation with the Soundhax part of the guide. https://3ds.hacks.guide/
  4. Okay. Nothing injected here. As A9LH is gone and no CFW (→ no signature patches) present… there were only two possibilities: Loading stock H&S or error message because of unsigned software.
The only way of getting a NAND dump without modifying anything is loading GodMode9 with ntrboot. (Or a hardmod – but I do not recommend micro-soldering if there are other options.)

If you decide to go the normal Soundhax route on the guide as if nothing had happened:
Once you reach the finalizing setup part, put all the files mentioned there on the SD like the guide says but start with creating a NAND image (Section VIII) then proceed normally by installing everything according to the guide. If everything goes well create another image after updating the system to the latest official firmware version.

Please test the SD you want to use for reinstalling CFW for defects and/or fake to eliminate a possible cause of error:
  1. Copy all your data from the SD to a computer (if any). Reformat the SD to FAT32, 32kb cluster size, if bigger than 32GB and using Windows with guiformat.
  2. Check your SD Windows, Linux, OS X.
    • If you get any errors replace the SD.
    • If you get no errors copy your files back on the SD.

Also try to copy all files from your previous (main?) SD to a computer. Do not format/delete your main SD. It may contain an old emuNAND that could still be usable to restore missing parts if anything on the NAND is damaged.

Reactions: 3dsgamer19

3dsgamer19

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you guys are the best i got my 3ds up and running after days of trying to run soundhax due to my pc not having : file name extenstions checkend in my view settings and not seeing i had .bin.bin on my root aswell a my 3ds freezing not wanting to boot at times due to the partial restore his community is amazing i send positive energy to both of you for the help it means alot to me and my kid!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?