Could some1 help me please

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by pintdave, May 1, 2009.

May 1, 2009

Could some1 help me please by pintdave at 12:42 PM (621 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. pintdave
    OP

Newcomer pintdave Newbie

United Kingdom
    MY setup is a softmodded 3.2e wii with starfall and 0.3 gamma installed. Im trying to install the usbloader i have deleted everything on my sd card and put the cios rev 10 installer.dol and usbloader1.4.dol on my sd card in the root directory. When i load the hbc channel nothing is coming up just the world icon flashing im srry for being noobish about this but if some kind soul could give me a step by step or tell me wot im doing wrong it would be greatly appreciated.

2. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Based on your lack of knowledge, I'm assuming that you didn't softmod your Wii yourself. You didn't need to delete everything from your SD card. Both of the dols need to go in their own folders within the apps folder. Make a folder called apps in your root, then place each of your .dols in their own folder within 'apps'. IE: apps/ciosrev10 and apps/usbloader1.4. You also need to rename the .dols to boot.dol for HBC to see them. Run the cIOS installer first (which you only need to do once), then run the usbloader dol. You will also need to format your hard drive to WBFS - I highly recommend WBFS Manager 3.0.

3. pintdave
    OP

Newcomer pintdave Newbie

United Kingdom
    No i didnt do it myself my m8 came round and did it i just followed wot it said put them in the root of ur sd card thanks 4 ur help i made a backup of the sd card first so i can put that back across and then follow ur instructions. Thanks for ur help i thought it was better to ask than try and do it and mess it up.

Thanks again

Mark

P.S i have got all my games on the usb drive but think it was 2.2 by alexdp i didnt have a problem doing that.

4. pintdave
    OP

Newcomer pintdave Newbie

United Kingdom
    Update this is for peeps like me when they say install this they dont say exactly where to put it. I had 7 folders in my app folder so i created an 8th folder and put the cios 10 in it and renamed it to boot.dol. I then created a ninth folder and put the usbloader in it and renamed it to boot.dol. When i ran homebrew channel and tried to install cios 10 by wad installation it kept giving me return -1 error so i did network installation and that worked.

5. imapterodactyl

Member imapterodactyl GBAtemp Fan

United States
    That's right. If you want to do WAD installation, you need to have 'IOS36-64-v1042.wad' in the root of your SD card. I keep a copy of the file on my SD at all times for any future cIOS revisions, just in case I can't connect to the network.