Hacking Corruption?

Scootsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was working fine yesterday so I turned off the 3ds and went to sleep. I woke up and all of the sudden the sd card wouldn't load, won't read on pc, but I can read the files in Gmode9 perfectly fine. Anyone know whats up? I have all my data on this and dont wanna lose it, can somebody help me.

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything was working fine yesterday so I turned off the 3ds and went to sleep. I woke up and all of the sudden the sd card wouldn't load, won't read on pc, but I can read the files in Gmode9 perfectly fine. Anyone know whats up? I have all my data on this and dont wanna lose it, can somebody help me.
Insert the SD card into a computer's card slot reader. Ignore what Windows File Explorer tells you about being unable to read the card . Also ignore needing to reformat the card; don't reformat it.

Unless you have less than 1–2 GB of stuff, you will need to somehow acquire a pro version of one of these data recovery software. If you have no qualms doing so, surf the Internet with black sails and crossbones. Go with the EaseUS choice as your first pick.

If the recovery program manages to scan the files, copy everything over to a computer.

Reformat a different SD card in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size with Windows File Explorer or guiformat.
Full Write + Verify Test the empty card with H2testw for hardware defects.
If the card passes, delete the *.h2w test files before transferring your copied setup over to it.

Last edited by TurdPooCharger,

Scootsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it can read the files I've deleted from the past, but I can't read the recent files with the data I've lost. EaseUS also isn't letting me recover the files without the pro version, which I can't get. Is there any way to recover the latest files with something that lets me recover the files?

EDIT: So EaseUS is only letting me recover 2gb and i have over 11 gb... any other software you know of that's free or...

Last edited by Scootsauce,
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So it can read the files I've deleted from the past, but I can't read the recent files with the data I've lost. EaseUS also isn't letting me recover the files without the pro version, which I can't get. Is there any way to recover the latest files with something that lets me recover the files?

EDIT: So EaseUS is only letting me recover 2gb and i have over 11 gb... any other software you know of that's free or...
You might have some luck with Piriform Recuva (free edition). Although it doesn't hurt to try if it works for you, it's reportedly not that tohorough. I don't think there's a data cap.

There's another way to retrieve data, but this all depends if your 3DS still works booting to HOME Menu with the SD card.

You can inject 3DShell into Health & Safety or other system titles with GodMode9.
You use this procedure:
  1. Inject 3DShell with GodMode9.
  2. Ignore steps 1–12; start at step 13.
  3. Also skip step 14.
  4. Launch 3DShell injected in the system title of your choice.
  5. Follow through steps 15–22.

Scootsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might have some luck with Piriform Recuva (free edition). Although it doesn't hurt to try if it works for you, it's reportedly not that tohorough. I don't think there's a data cap.

There's another way to retrieve data, but this all depends if your 3DS still works booting to HOME Menu with the SD card.

You can inject 3DShell into Health & Safety or other system titles with GodMode9.
You use this procedure:
  3. Also skip step 14.
So I tried using minitool and I could get the old and recent files, but when I saved them, it was either an rss file or text. Should I try a different method or something, like one of the ones you just mentioned? I should also mention that I can boot into Gmode9 and see everything perfectly, but after that the system says it cant read the Micro sd card.

Last edited by Scootsauce,

Kwyjor

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Scootsauce

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You use this procedure:
  3. Also skip step 14.
So with the cia, how do I get it into the sd card with the data, its kinda dead. Do I just follow the cfw setup and carry out from there, and the cia gets saved on the memory, or...

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So with the cia, how do I get it into the sd card with the data, its kinda dead. Do I just follow the cfw setup and carry out from there, and the cia gets saved on the memory, or...
You'll need a second SD card to inject 3DShell. When placed in Health & Safety, the homebrew app resides on the 3DS CTRNAND and not on the SD card.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: also j cole was right to step out of the diss battle imo, he dodged a bullet with that one