ROM Hack Corrupted SS, yea I made a bobo...

maraxion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hello.
So i updated atmos and FW, and I wached a video that said I should do fat32+exfat in daybreak... Yea I shouldent have and now my card is corrupted.
I can still see all the files in windows, so trying to copy everything off.

What can I do to maybe save the files?
Wil copying it in after format work?
Wil installing FW again with daybreak with only fat32 this time work?
Other options?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Formatting will delete the files on the SD card, copy your files off the SD before format, and don't use exFAT unless you want to deal with file corruption. Also good idea to verify the card is legit with h2testw (windows), f3x (mac), if you are running into issues with it.

maraxion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Formatting will delete the files on the SD card, copy your files off the SD before format, and don't use exFAT unless you want to deal with file corruption. Also good idea to verify the card is legit with h2testw (windows), f3x (mac), if you are running into issues with it.

Thanks.
never had problems in the last 2 years. Just foolishly watched a youtube video and choose the wrong version when i installed new FW today.

So the files should be OK after I salvage them, and format the card?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks.
never had problems in the last 2 years. Just foolishly watched a youtube video and choose the wrong version when i installed new FW today.

So the files should be OK after I salvage them, and format the card?

No if you format you will lose the files.

maraxion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
No if you format you will lose the files.

No.
If I copy them all out now since I can see them in windows. And then reformat the card and copy them back. Should they be ok?

Or is there a better way to try to repair the card with the files on them?
Like updating FW again and this time choose only fat32!

Last edited by maraxion,

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No.
If I copy them all out now since I can see them in windows. And then reformat the card and copy them back. Should they be ok?

Or is there a better way to try to repair the card with the files on them?

Copy your files off to a computer's drive, then format the SD card, probably be a good idea to test the card to see if it is legit or if it is dying, if it says data loss and file corruption it is time to get a new card.

result-error-s.png

maraxion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So it seems the problem wasent the card, it was that I hadent installed the sig patches. So every game and program said it was corrupted.
To late for me, iv formatet 400GB. But if anybody else later has a similare problem after updating, remember the sigpatches :)

HalfScoper

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
So i updated atmos and FW, and I wached a video that said I should do fat32+exfat in daybreak... Yea I shouldent have and now my card is corrupted.
You should have specified that the games are corrupted and not your card. Then, people here most likely would have suggested you first to update sigpatches instead of thinking that your card is actually corrupt and therefore you could have avoided formatting your SD.

Reactions: maraxion

maraxion

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
thanks.
One more question.
Iv finaly copied all files into the SD card, but unsure if I put the games right?
When now trying to start the games or tinfoil I get "the software data is not downloaded it wil be downloaded now".
Can i just press download here, or have I put the files in the wrong folder? Placed everything under nintendo-contents-registered.
Downloaded the sigpatches you recomended. Running Fw 11.0.1 and atmos 19.5

Last edited by maraxion,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o