Hacking Corrupted Channel Title

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A while ago, my wii was displaying an error upon booting the system menu. There was some corruption which was seen by my console name being scrambly looking. I was able to fix it by restoring to an older backup. All was fine then.

However, months later, I tried using internet services and my wii is unable to connect with error code 101246. Upon googling it, I found it can be related to a corrupted save. So I go into Wii Settings ---> Wii Saves: it stalls and doesn't continue.

I load up any title deleter and completely delete all my saves, this did not fix anything.

When I go to Installed Channel Titles, the only thing I have on there is the hombrew channel and Kirby 64. Kirby 64 cannot be deleted by any title deleter (stalls). Also, I cannot load any channels on the system menu as they stall (but was never a problem because I load directly into homebrew channel).

So I'm guessing Kirby 64 is the culprit but anytitle deleter is not removing it. How can I get rid of this channel (or possibly start my wii from fresh). I have all my saves backed up so I don't really have anything of value (not to mention I already deleted all of the installed saves).

Edit: This kirby 64 was downloaded from the wii shop when I first got this wii years ago.

Stalls on: - Deleting title dir/title/00010001/4e414d45...

I remember hearing about being able to extract the nand, open it with some files, delete remnants of this game, restore the nand?

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
which version of anytitledeleter have you tried, i suggest trying AnyTitle Deleter v1.1 by bushing, older version may not give you enough permissions

Reactions: Zetta_x

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Maybe you should rehack it again with Letterbomb.
You could've deleted the corrupted channel using a wad manager instead of restoring an old backup.

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I should have made it clear that before I restored it, it was not a corrupted title, it was something like the syscon file that could have been corrupted.

Stev, good point. It doesn't say version 1.1, it's a version I picked up years ago... I'll report back soon.

Ok it says - Deleting title dir/title/00010001/4e414d45...
Error! ISFS_Delete(ret=-102)
-Deleting ticket file ticket/00010001/43414d45.tik...
Ticket delete failed (No ticket?) -102
Press any key

I re-installed the homebrew channel, it still stalls while trying to load a channel using the system menu.

--

After I restored a few months ago, I reupdated all of the IOSes using ModMii

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well, there's only one thing to do i guess, delete the entire hack and start all over again, thats right, update the wii normally then rehack it with letterbomb.

That problem can lead to corruption of the NAND, who knows?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, there's only one thing to do i guess, delete the entire hack and start all over again, thats right, update the wii normally then rehack it with letterbomb.

That problem can lead to corruption of the NAND, who knows?

Well it's 4.3 already and refuses to go online (so no update online anyays).
If I try reformatting it, it stalls on something and doesn't finish.

I wouldn't mind starting fresh, is there a homebrew I can use that will pwn the filesystem back to factory?

Yepi69

Jill-sandwiched
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Well it's 4.3 already and refuses to go online (so no update online anyays).
If I try reformatting it, it stalls on something and doesn't finish.

I wouldn't mind starting fresh, is there a homebrew I can use that will pwn the filesystem back to factory?
AFAIK, no, and why it doesn't let you update normally? Maybe you have priiloader and its blocking online updates?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AFAIK, no, and why it doesn't let you update normally? Maybe you have priiloader and its blocking online updates?

Wii cannot connect to the internet: Error Code: 101246. There is a problem with the WiiConnect24 service.

Edit: Googling told me this has to do with corrupted data.

Edit2: Same exact problem with this this guy: http://www.fixya.com/support/t13948131-wii_39_t_get_past_home_menu

Channels and wii system menu stuff taking minutes to load.

stev418

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Easiest way to reinstall system menu offline is probably DOP-Mii. Just download the wads you need using something like NUS Downloader, and place in root of SD card. For 4.3U grab system menu v513 and IOS80

ps. If anytitledeleter was spitting out Error! ISFS_Delete(ret=-102), then you aren't using v1.1, since bushings version uses AHBPROT http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter#AnyTitle_Deleter_v1.1_by_bushing

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easiest way to reinstall system menu offline is probably DOP-Mii. Just download the wads you need using something like NUS Downloader, and place in root of SD card. For 4.3U grab system menu v513 and IOS80

ps. If anytitledeleter was spitting out Error! ISFS_Delete(ret=-102), then you aren't using v1.1, since bushings version uses AHBPROT http://wiibrew.org/wiki/AnyTitle_Deleter#AnyTitle_Deleter_v1.1_by_bushing

The version that I was using was using AHBPROT (patching IOS 58 right?) and still gives that error. I just woke up, I'm going to try and reinstall system menu and the corresponding IOS that relates to it. The one thing i am scared of is I won't have a valid internet connection (and if I'm not mistaking, this is going to get rid of priiloader). It will take me upwards of 3 minutes to get into the homebrew channel (unless I prepare an SD card that will work with my bootmii as boot2).

Reinstalled all of the IOS's (including 80) with system menu 4.3 (513). Still has problems with wii connect24 and that kirby title cannot be deleted with anytitle1.1 by bushing or the new redsquirrel mod

Wii channels still take ~ 3 minutes to load

Ok: I have found an identical post, can someone help me figure out what was done?

http://forum.wiibrew.org/read.php?21,60707,61309

They are saying, make a backup of a valid wii, take my wii keys, use wii keys + other backup to fix or use Comex's nand tool?

Zetta_x

The Insane Statistician
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update on how I fixed the problem, I used Ohneschwanzenegger to start a clean nand, flashed using bootmii, no longer having problems loading channels but I had another wii error code (it was the problem with authenticating my wii with the servers?) Quick google and Tueidj answered it somewhere saying to do a format. Did a system format (which actually didn't hang this time), fixed the issue, re-hacked my wii and all is well.

I also wanted to mention that the title that was not able to be deleted was giving invalid hmac during nandbincheck

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A bigger battery could defeat the need for weighted magnets tbf
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Nowadays pc mice come as light as can be, liked mine with some heft
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You like holding girth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I also listen to Beck, some of their songs are fine. Only found out about them through Windows Me; you know, that one operating system nobody ever likes?
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    i dont know why tv manufactures put the hdmi ports in dumb locations so the cables have to stick out, and then down, putting strain on the ports. Instead of having the ports along the bottom edge of the tv facing downwards.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    windows me was mostly on laptops if i remembered correctly
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @RedColoredStars, I hate that too where you have to use an HDMI extension for an Amazon Fire Stick.
    +1
    I had a desktop with ME on it.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, And also cheap-ass desktop PCs like eMachines.
    Worst MS OS in history. Period.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My entertainment centers blocking all my io gotta fix that eventually
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I had used win 98 SE till XP arrived
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Had a ton of bugs and often crashed. It even didn't support DOS compatibility with older games. :feelsbadman:
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I only grew up with Windows XP because I was lucky.
    I downloaded XP on dialup when it came out. Overnights for like a week. cuz I couldn't tie up the phone line during the day. It was so awesome and worked so great going from ME to XP.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Vga pins were a dick
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I kind of want down a large pizza at 10am then crash out
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Having pizza all day? done it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah pizza hut open at 10:30
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    just buy a stack of pizza and keep the rest you don't need yet frozen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or buy frozen pizza
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I buy the regular kind, not the frozen stuff
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    supermarket pizza is ass
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    x65 would just yell at me
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: sounds ok, he didn't pull a gun out ,so...