Corrupted BootMii files on SD

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by Majin Vegeta, May 26, 2009.

May 26, 2009
  1. Majin Vegeta
    OP

Member Majin Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    I installed BootMii at release, but a a few days ago I got a problem: BootMii didn't show up at boot anymore.
    I tried opening the BootMii folder on my SD card, but it just said that the folder can't be accessed or something (can't remember exactly). Today I tried to open the folder again and it worked, but it contained this:
    [​IMG]
    In other words: A lot of "corrupted trash" (it's even kinda funny, look at the dates and file sizes) [​IMG]

All other files on the SD are fine and I also neved had any problems with this SD card.

I will just reformat the SD card and copy the BootMii files over again, that shouldn't be a problem, but I though I should let you guys know, if that's really a problem with BootMii.

2. ether2802

Former Staff ether2802 we have the techno...!!

Mexico
    It looks kind of a diary of what you've been using, or what apps you have in your SD, I wouldn't be surprised hence TT are against all the latest tools we have for piracy..!! [​IMG]

3. and0r

Banned and0r Banned

United States
    only on the internet is where a german and a mexican cross paths in order to exange information reguarding wii hacking.

4. ether2802

Mexico
    or a beer store [​IMG]

5. bdr9

Member bdr9 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    I will now say something useful, unlike the three people before me. It is probably a case of just the SD Card getting corrupt, you should just format it like you said. Did you lose any other data?

6. ether2802

Mexico
    I get corruption in the SD sometimes, but it never looks like that, it only don't let enter at some folders, or don't let me delete some files..!! [​IMG]

7. FenrirWolf

Member FenrirWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

United States
    I've had my SD get corrupted like that before. It said I had a folder with 389GB on my 2GB SD Card. XD

But when I put my card in my PC again Vista prompted me to autofix the SD card and that took care of the problem.

8. Majin Vegeta
    OP

Member Majin Vegeta GBAtemp Regular

Germany
    @bdr9: No, only the BootMii folder got corrupted, that's why I'm posting it here. Everything else is fine.

@FenrirWolf: Oh, so files just can randomly get corrupted like that? My SD card is maybe 1 year old and like I said, I never had any problems with it.