Corrupt save data xenoblade 2

Discussion in 'Switch - Backup Loaders & Modchips' started by Priyam, Sep 15, 2018.

1. Priyam
    OP

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    So I updated XC2 to the latest version 2.0 officially in the switch itself. Then I installed the new story torna dlc ( from cdnsp) through tinfoil.
    Now the game doesn't run, hangs on Nintendo switch screen, says save data may be corrupted but upon checking it says no errors found.

I completed XC2 so I don't mind losing save but I want to play the new dlc but the game doesn't run anymore.

RedHunter likes this.
  2. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    im having this issue too, something is wrong with the dlc

3. Nintendo4DSXL

Nintendo4DSXL Pokémon-Master

Jan 4, 2016
    Germany
    Germany
    The Titlekey for the DLC changed with the new Update

4. Priyam
    OP

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    So what's the solution. Delete this dlc and download again through cdnsp?

5. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Just wondering, does eraseing the dlc fix your save? Or you can't get it back? Because if ppl saves are getting corrupt, this should be front page.

From discord:

Raistilin77 said: check offset 0x9d0 in a hex editor, change the key to the correct key, the cdnsp download had the wrong key. Darktalon said: Uninstall the dlc (they said with Dev menu I'm not sure if Dev menu is neccessary) then check if the game runs with just the update.

More from discord same person, you open the dlc in a hex editor, go to line 9d0, then replace the key.

Last edited by Ericthegreat, Sep 15, 2018 - Reason: He corrected the line.
    RedHunter and tbb043 like this.
  6. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    I used Devmenu, as it lets me pick and choose what I'm deleting, otherwise I'm not aware of a way to only delete update or dlc data through the Switch Menu.

Last edited by aj_hix36, Sep 15, 2018
  7. Ericthegreat

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    The update changes the titlekeys of the game, that's why you need to know the new titlekeys, which I don't think we can post, but it's on the switch hacks discord.

8. Priyam
    OP

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    Can I delete the DLC through tinfoil? I don't have devmenu. And instead of hex editing can I just redownload again in cdnsp? It has the correct title key now?

9. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    Doesn't hurt to try.

10. Priyam
    OP

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    Idk about that. Last I heard tinfoil messed up the entire database when somebody tried to delete a ticket. The switch had to be reformatted.

11. aj_hix36

aj_hix36 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2007
    United States
    Just get devmenu then if worried, I can't vouch for something I didn't try

12. Ericthegreat

Nov 8, 2008
    United States
    Vana'diel
    Idk about that, um probably title key is fixed by now, or will be soon. I can give you a invite to the discord, pm me your discord username, then you can ask the ppl that control the cdn yourself.

Last edited by Ericthegreat, Sep 15, 2018
  13. Sintrial09

Sintrial09 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 31, 2014
    United States
    I am having the same problem I updated to 2.0 and now it won't start says I have to redownload the dlc and I can't get cdnsp working

14. Priyam
    OP

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    The solution is hex edit the downloaded nsp in the 09d offset with the correct titlekey and install that modified nsp through tinfoil again. Everything should work

15. SirGray

SirGray GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    United States
    Do you know where I can find the correct titlekey?

16. Priyam
    OP

Priyam GBAtemp Regular

Jul 27, 2012
    India
    That dark site or some specific discord channels. You have to find it yourself though. Can't say more than that.

SirGray and loler55 like this.
  17. RedHunter

RedHunter GBAtemp Regular

Dec 12, 2014
    Italy
    I'm just downloading the dlc, got lucky I read this, going to backup all my saves with checkpoint now that I know this can happen.

So what's the key name we have to search, they are numbered I guess?

18. SirGray

SirGray GBAtemp Regular

Jan 16, 2012
    United States
    Thanks

19. skypirate123

skypirate123 GBAtemp Regular

May 30, 2015
    I had the same issue a while back. Better to ask on the other site but it's basically a case of getting files/updates from a few different locations as some of the updates cause issues even before the Torna update.

Very much a trial and error situation. Challenge DLC caused a lot of problems.

20. MarioShadow

MarioShadow Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2009
    Brazil
    if i delete my save data it will work normally? im not too far from the beggining and ,since i installed the dlc+ update from the dark site everytime i try to start the game,Switch just froze