Corrupt MicroSD Problem...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by matt32724, May 8, 2010.

May 8, 2010
  1. matt32724
    OP

Newcomer matt32724 Member

United States
    Hey, sorry if I put this in the wrong place, but I don't know.

Anyways, I have a problem with my micro SD card going corrupt. I originally thought this was a problem with my micro SD, so I bought a new one. Needless to say that was a waste of money, and it just corrupted. I have no idea what's wrong now, so here I am. Lemme tell you what happens.

I take the micro SD out of my Acekard 2i,
    Put it in my adapter,
    Put that in my computer,
    and then when I try to move a file to it, it tells me the file's too big, when I have enough space. Then everything freezes up on me. Then when I get everything rebooted, it tells me I need to format the micro SD before I can use it.

Right now I haven't formatted yet in case anybody knows a way I can get my files back. I was using the default FAT file system, and I don't know if it's my computer or what. I'm seriously thinking of giving up my card for good because of this...So, suggestions?

2. JohnLoco

Member JohnLoco GBAtemp Regular

Yugoslavia
    use the Panasonic SD formatter and redo it all, if it dosnt work after that. It's probably bricked.

3. matt32724
    OP

Newcomer matt32724 Member

United States
    I forgot all about that [​IMG]

I hope nothing goes wrong now, for the longest time after getting my card nothing like this ever happened...

4. Porobu

Member Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Spain
    Make ALWAYS REGULAR BACKUP OF DATA

5. fairlyevenparents

Member fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

United States
  6. moon_wolf

Newcomer moon_wolf Member

Panama
    maybe it is than it has too many files in the micro SD root it happened one time to me too and i created a folder called games and put a part of my game there and it worked