Corrupt MicroSD Problem...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by matt32724, May 8, 2010.

1. matt32724
    OP

matt32724 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2010
    United States
    Hey, sorry if I put this in the wrong place, but I don't know.

Anyways, I have a problem with my micro SD card going corrupt. I originally thought this was a problem with my micro SD, so I bought a new one. Needless to say that was a waste of money, and it just corrupted. I have no idea what's wrong now, so here I am. Lemme tell you what happens.

I take the micro SD out of my Acekard 2i,
    Put it in my adapter,
    Put that in my computer,
    and then when I try to move a file to it, it tells me the file's too big, when I have enough space. Then everything freezes up on me. Then when I get everything rebooted, it tells me I need to format the micro SD before I can use it.

Right now I haven't formatted yet in case anybody knows a way I can get my files back. I was using the default FAT file system, and I don't know if it's my computer or what. I'm seriously thinking of giving up my card for good because of this...So, suggestions?

2. JohnLoco

JohnLoco GBAtemp Regular

Mar 20, 2010
    use the Panasonic SD formatter and redo it all, if it dosnt work after that. It's probably bricked.

3. matt32724
    OP

matt32724 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 17, 2010
    United States
    I forgot all about that [​IMG]

I hope nothing goes wrong now, for the longest time after getting my card nothing like this ever happened...

4. Porobu

Porobu Gbatemps Shiny Latias

Sep 12, 2009
    Make ALWAYS REGULAR BACKUP OF DATA

5. fairlyevenparents

fairlyevenparents GBAtemp Fan

Sep 21, 2009
    United States
    united states
  6. moon_wolf

moon_wolf Member

Newcomer
    May 5, 2010
    maybe it is than it has too many files in the micro SD root it happened one time to me too and i created a folder called games and put a part of my game there and it worked

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice