Corrupt Golden Sun sav

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Spider123, Jun 17, 2011.

Jun 17, 2011

Corrupt Golden Sun sav by Spider123 at 4:15 AM (795 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. Spider123
    OP

Newcomer Spider123 Advanced Member

United States
    I was playing a Golden Sun ROM on my Android phone and just picked up the retail game. Wanting to transfer my progress, I went to check out the sav but it somehow got deleted, leaving me at the beginning. I was hoping I could e-mail it to someone who could try and see what's wrong and hopefully fix it.

Thanks.

2. bahamut920

Member bahamut920 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Honestly, you're probably SOL. If you don't want to have to play from the beginning, you probably need to look for a save file roughly equivalent to yours before it got deleted, or you can look for the Golden Sun password generator, which is a PC application that generates a transfer password based on specifications. In other words, you input what you had on your save file into the program, and it outputs a password that will start you with the levels, items, etc. that you input into the program.

Granted, either of the solutions are ONLY useful if you're going from Golden Sun to Golden Sun: The Lost Age. TLA is the only Golden Sun game with the password system, and it's only useful for transferring your characters from the original Golden Sun. Otherwise, unless you have a specific piece of hardware, you can't transfer saves to a retail cart.

Edit: Here's the password generator, if you decide you need it. I've messed around with it in the past; it's pretty good.

3. whyyes

Member whyyes GBAtemp Regular

United States
    This is only about a month old, so isn't really thread revival. Anywho, if you have an R4 or similar Slot 1 device and use GBA Backup Tool, you will be able to transfer it to the legitimate cart.