Hardware Corrupt Data on SDXC

Tori_H

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Some time back, I got a PNY Pro Elite 1TB SDXC I, and decided to use it on my switch, for my many digital games, but as I kept downloading games, I also kept receiving warnings, that corrupt data was found in the games that I downloaded in the SDXC, And I could not store more than a few gamas, around 3 depending on the sizes. So then I thought, that maybe I purchased a fake SDXC, so I tested it in my computer, and I could store way more than 500gb of data, and the size informed, seemed legit, So why am I having this problem on my Switch? I tried formatting the SDCX on the switch itself, on my PC, but nothing worked, the switch much like my PC also recognizes the 1TB of storage. I'll embed the image so if it is fake, I will be thankful if someone tells me so.

078.jpeg

Windi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How did you check it? Use H2testw to verify its actual size.
However, I am more than sceptical as it says "Pro Eilte" instead of "Pro Elite". So I am assuming it is a fake card

Tori_H

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
How did you check it? Use H2testw to verify its actual size.
However, I am more than sceptical as it says "Pro Eilte" instead of "Pro Elite". So I am assuming it is a fake card
Thanks, I didn't even notice that, I'll get right on testing with H2testw.

MaD_mAnIaC

In a mad world, only the mad are sane
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Yeah, It's what I thought so too, so it is fake, but is this the reason why the Switch does not recognize as much space as my PC does?
How did you test the card? you can write 500gb in pc, but you won't be able to access the data after, it'll all be corrupt. after you finish testing with H2test you'll see the real capacity of the card. i don't recommend using it anyway, as any time you write more than the real size (i highly doubt it's more than 64gb), everything will probably be corrupt again. Just out of curiosity, how much did you pay for this "1tb card" ?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, It's what I thought so too, so it is fake, but is this the reason why the Switch does not recognize as much space as my PC does?

If it is fake it probably the reason why you are experiencing corrupted data/lost of data, you would know if it is real or not when you fully test the card. How much you pay?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/Os7f9Se.mp4