Gaming Corpse Party |OT| Welcome to your Highscool Nightmare.

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
XQZIU.jpg
Developer: Team GrisGris
Publisher: 5pb. (Japan) | XSEED Games (North America) | XSEED Games (Europe) Genre: Adventure Horror
Release Date: August 12, 2010 (Japan) | PlayStation Store: November 22, 2011 (North America) | December 14, 2011 (Europe)
Official Site

History
The very first appearance of Corpse Party was as an independently-developed freeware game for the popular Japanese NEC PC-9800 series of computers, created by a small software startup who call themselves "Team GrisGris." Gamers took notice of Corpse Party after it won first prize in the 2nd ASCII Entertainment Software Contest the same year, and this little home-brewed horror game became something of an underground success for Team GrisGris.

In 2008, perhaps spurred by the runaway success of similarly-themed horror titles like Higurashi: When They Cry, Team GrisGris released a Windows-based reimagining of their original opus titled Corpse Party: BloodCovered. The title was split into five chapters which were sold episodically at conventions, fan events and through an online store. This updated remake was also ported to cell phones, allowing Japanese gamers to horrify themselves on the go. It didn't stop there, either. A Corpse Party: BloodCovered manga series was also introduced the following year.

ab9dO.jpg
PC - PSP
4KB1P.jpg

XSEED Games fell in love with Corpse Party: BloodCovered: ...Repeated Fear just after Halloween 2010, and negotiated a license with 5pb to release it in the English-speaking world. Since no other version of the game has ever been officially published outside of Japan, we felt it prudent to drop the dual subtitles and release this game under the name that started it all: Corpse Party. Short, simple and catchy! It is, after all, the beginning of the story.
Story
b4lrB.jpg

30 years ago a school called Heavenly Host Elementary was the scene of a horrific crime. 4 students of the school were kidnapped, and murdered. Now, Heavenly Host is a high school and the horrific scenes are about to happen again. Unwittingly, a group of teens conjure up a forbidden charm that sends them into the world of the haunted. The group must traverse each hall, and class to survive or become another victim in the school's troubled past. Will you join the forgotten souls in this Corpse Party?
Screens

Some bits from the Corpse Party thread on Neogaf.
Hurry up and update PSN!

nryn99

desu~
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
tried it last night and it scared me for a moment.

after trying the game until the picture taking part, i thought i should go to sleep but i have to put away the psp first. when i tried to turn on the lights, it won't turn on D: , hearing the blackout story just moments ago kinda then a brownout right after...

Goveynetcom

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bought this game the first day it was out :D. After fighting with my PSP and getting it activated (today), I'm loving this game.
0JFo4.jpg

Oh, Japan...u so silly

That part really came out of nowhere.
XD But I much rather like the part where the voice comes out of the guy's stall, that made me jump.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel