Hacking Cool but strange partial update?!

olec04

Working on Project Heaven!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Trying to downgrade on 11.0 via AM services
XP
Country
United States
So i went in to safe_mode with my o3ds i updated but shut it down in the middle of the process so it says the theme shop has opened and i can now open my stuff up but mset (system settings) says im on 7.2 should i try browserhax? and downgrade?

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Shutting down in the middle of any update or downgrade is a MASSIVE no-no, it can very easily lead to the bricking of your 3DS. Were you doing it to try to prevent sysnand updating to v11?

I'm assuming that from where you are at this point (as far as what you're trying to accomplish), you should either downgrade or upgrade to your target again (if you still can), and then one more time to make sure all of your files are intact with each other.

Last edited by WolfHeroEX,

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i couldnt downgrade i could only update since my 3ds was already bricked basically i couldnt open anything from the home menu
Yeah, I was there at one point with my emunand. All of the icons were black, and trying to open anything froze the 3DS screen. I fixed it by cloning over an older backup of my emunand.

Was this half-update on sysnand?

WolfHeroEX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There might still be a very small chance that it can still downgrade, possibly, but I don't know if it'd be dangerous to try it again.

olec04

Working on Project Heaven!
OP
Banned
Trophies
Trying to downgrade on 11.0 via AM services
XP
Country
United States
yeah becaus native_firm might still be 7.2 but i have no entrypoints for 11.0?!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

unless i fix coinhax and try it?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

im gonna attempt fieldrunners downgrade

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch