Hacking Converting VBA save to Supercard Mini SD?

apple2107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm sorry for asking this, but apparently every topics I've searched here concerning this either didn't get a reply or got one that wasn't relevant or didn't work.

Either way, I was trying to convert my Pkm FireRed I've been playing on VBA to my SuperCard Mini SD so I can trade with PkM Heart Gold. The original savefile is 128kb. However, no matter what I do, when I turn on my NDS I always get a message that my savefile is deleted and I need to start new game.

I'm including with this my savefile. Please give me an instruction on how to do it or help me with it. I know it can be done, I've done it plenty of time before (golden sun, harvest moon, summon night, etc. =.=), but I just simply couldn't remember how I did it :< And several hours doing it in vain is tiring and frustrating.

I would really appreciate your help. Thank you so much.

My save: http://www.mediafire.com/?a44uriqxwq4oxax

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm taking a look right now. :D Hey I remember you. Why did you make a new account?
**Update** I couldn't get it to work. I tried saving in both 128kb, and the standard 64kb the Supercard uses. I tried automatic for the save type and SRAM in both 128/64 and nothing worked in those configurations. Please post the answer when you find out!

apple2107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's what I did, to no avail. But I swear I did transfer a lot of savefiles to my Supercard before and they worked.
If only a mad scientist had perfected a time machine >.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main issue here is that the Pokemon games are some of the very few games to use 128 KB save files, while the Supercard uses 64 KB files normally, so yes you would have gotten good results with other games in the past.

I do not know if there is a way to fix this, as I've never tried playing the Pokemon games on my Supercard, sorry.

junn

Trophies
Website
flic.kr
XP
Country
United States
The only way i can save on this game is to enable the realtime save by pressing the Left Trigger, Right Trigger,
Select, and B buttons simultaneously. hard to activate using a dslite.
here's my real time save [sci] file: http://filetrip.net/...e-save-0-1.html
copy/overwrite it on you card and see if it works.
your saved game works on my card btw.
scmsdpokred.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Or Genesis.