Converting this PS2 CD to DVD impossible?

Discussion in 'Sony PlayStation 1 & 2' started by synce, Sep 6, 2010.

Sep 6, 2010
  1. synce
    OP

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    My CD backup plays fine but it's the only game I have left that requires Swap Magic (no FMcB/ESR support for CDs) and I'd like to just toss the device already. I went through 2 DVDs with this game but I'm not having any luck so I'm thinking there are LBA checks. Problem is that data originally starts at location 23 for the CD and I can't get any lower than 267 on DVD with cdvdgen2. So this one is impossible to play right?

2. trigger_ftu

Member trigger_ftu The FantomPhox

United States
    hey dude i think ya got it backwords. ps2 games are already on dvd. unless you found a way to strip files from it enuph to make em smaller to fit on a cd even then that kinda kills the game.

3. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
    You could always covert it with USBinsane to an external hdd and play it with OpenPS2Loader_0.7
    Here is a link for cd to dvd http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/747414
    Edit: i just tried a half life cd on a usb worked fine on a 1gig stick and an 8 gig memorex
    P.S you may need to use 1 of your installed HDD to install the game too 1st then drag and drop it to your fat32 usb hdd or usb stick dont forget the ul.cfg file that goes with your game file ul.01683020.SLES_505.08.00

4. synce
    OP

Member synce だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん

United States
    Thanks I don't remember seeing anything about OpenPS2Loader before... So it's compatible with CD images, not just DVD? I'm also curious about load times since PS2 doesn't support USB 2.0

5. cobleman

Member cobleman GBAtemp Maniac

Australia
  6. JonthanD

Member JonthanD GBAtemp Regular

United States

No some games came on CD's. Ico was one great example. Thats why they made Swap Magic use two disks, one for CD's and one for DVD's.