Converting movies to DS format

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by Diosoth, Dec 30, 2008.

Dec 30, 2008

Converting movies to DS format by Diosoth at 12:20 AM (2,056 Views / 0 Likes) 5 replies

1. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I grabbed the DSVideo files and converter, with a GUI for the converter, and installed the MS .NET 3.5 Framework. The converter does nothing whatsoever. No status bar, no percentage, just a blank screen. I see no reason for this program to be doing this wen I have the proper files.

I downloaded a full Moonshell package with its own converter. After an hour of file conversion on my movie, it ends with "unknown error" and I get a junk file.

I just want to convert an AVI file to DS format. I've spent more time on this than necessary with no results.

2. tinymonkeyt

Member tinymonkeyt GBAtemp brat

United States
    you can just go to *snip to download already converted movies

3. Isaiah

Member Isaiah The Conductor

Australia
    do you have the correct codecs? if not search the "k-lite codec pack" and download also you must download avisynth and Microsoft framework 3.5

idid this and i worked fine... perhaps your settings are wrong?

4. Rayder

Former Staff Rayder Mostly lurking lately....

United States
    Google "Avisynth", download the latest version, install it.

Google "K-Lite Codec Pack", download the latest version, install it.

Google "BatchDPG", download the latest version.

Use BatchDPG to convert the vids.

Your problems should all be fixed and you will now be able to convert almost any video type to .dpg video.

As an alternative, you could Go to http://www.erightsoft.net/SUPER.html and use "Super Video Converter" to convert to dpg. It a good alternative to batchDPG and is a lot easier to use. The biggest trick is actually finding the link to the download in that disaster of a website, but it's a good all-around video file converter, even if you don't use it for dpg. [​IMG]

Beware, there ARE some vids that will resist being converted. It happens. What I do in that case is to convert it to yet ANOTHER video file type (like, if it was an AVI, convert it to mpg, or vice versa), then try to convert it to dpg. That usually works.

Hope something there helps ya! [​IMG]

5. ComplicatioN

Member ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Australia
    Try Super its a converter to all types of formats (videos)

6. Diosoth
    OP

Member Diosoth GBAtemp Fan

United States
    This worked. Still no idea why the DSVideo convertor won't work, though, but it's now beyond me to care since I have a solution.