Converting gateway .sav to .cia save help

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by matiazo, Feb 6, 2016.

1. matiazo
    OP

matiazo Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 18, 2014
    Slovenia
    Hello,
    for some time I don't have my gateway card anymore, since I switched over to RXtools CFW.

Is there any way to convert my gateway .sav files to .cia saves (import into sys) without a gateway card?
    I have SDF installed. I converted all .3dz roms to .cia format, I'd just need the saves.

If it's not possible, I'd appreciate if someone with a GW card could convert 1 or 2 saves for me, assuming that's doable, since I wanted to finish the games :)

Thanks for the help!

2. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    You export savedatafiller's titleid i berieve to get the save off your gateway card.

There's a thread here somewhere about it. I used it before, it worked. I must've deleted the bookemarke.

Ah, found a post I made aboot it before:
    you need to rename the Save's name (title id) to that of savedatafiller to datafill it.

You need the gateway card to do this.

Last edited by Nollog, Feb 6, 2016
  3. Zidapi

Zidapi GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 1, 2002
    You seem to have missed the bit where he said he no longer had his Gateway cart... Twice! :glare:

WeedZ likes this.
  4. Nollog

Nollog GBAtemp Addict

Oct 10, 2008
    I seem to have said that she needed a gateway card at the end after searching the forum for my old post.

But you're so helpful, complaining at everyone all the time.

Quantumcat and WeedZ like this.
  5. Thirty3Three

Thirty3Three Musician Member

Mar 22, 2013
    United States
    Wherever you want me, baby.
    necrobump because same question.

6. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2015
    Gambia, The
    It's still not possible to convert the save without a gateway card. You can send the save someone with a gateway (and a link to the .3ds file/the header of the game you created the save with) who will convert it for you.

7. WeedZ

WeedZ Possibly an enlightened being

GBAtemp Patron
    WeedZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jan 13, 2015
    United States
    Upload it here somewhere and see if someone with a card will convert it for you. that's what I had to do.