Gaming Convert PAL Skyward Sword Save to NTSC

avsrock90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi all,

I'm moving back to the US from Australia and would like to bring my Skyward Sword save along with me so that I can complete it on my NTSC Wii. Is there a way to convert the file to NTSC without hacking? (Both the PAL and NTSC console?)

This post makes me believe I'd have to run LetterBomb (or equivalent) to get SGM in order to convert?

avsrock90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
What version of SS are going to play? PAL or NTSC?

I was planning to sell the PAL version I have here and buy an NTSC version in the US for use on my NTSC Wii. I suppose I could play the PAL version on the NTSC Wii, but that would involve hacking the NTSC Wii, correct?

lukinoz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to convert PAL save to NTCS you need to use some save extraction software like SaveGame Manager GX which requires hacking your Wii too. Also some game saves cant be converted to other regions, they will become corrupt. (I dont know if SS is one of those.)

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use a hex editor and look for SOUP it's the PAL disc ID Just change it to SOUE.
Worked for me the other way around.

avsrock90

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Well to convert PAL save to NTCS you need to use some save extraction software like SaveGame Manager GX which requires hacking your Wii too. Also some game saves cant be converted to other regions, they will become corrupt. (I dont know if SS is one of those.)

If I transfer the PAL save to an SD card using the standard wii interface, will I be able to open the save using the PAL disk on a hacked NTSC Wii? Or do I need t use SGM DX to transfer the file off PAL Wii even in this case? Thanks!

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
If I transfer the PAL save to an SD card using the standard wii interface, will I be able to open the save using the PAL disk on a hacked NTSC Wii? Or do I need t use SGM DX to transfer the file off PAL Wii even in this case? Thanks!
The Wii normally spits out encrypted saves. I believe you can decrypt the PAL save, modify the TitleID (to SOUE), encrypt it again, and install it.
However, I would just recommend launching the game region-free. If you don't want hacks saved onto your Wii, you can use your favorite exploit to launch Gecko OS, which I believe has region-free and video mode patching.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?