convert .gba to .cia

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by darkblitz, Jul 22, 2016.

1. darkblitz
    OP

darkblitz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    Gambia, The
    maybe someone can help me. how can i convert a .gba rom into a .cia rom? i wanted to play a romhack of pokemon red but because its not a cia data i cant install it with fbi

2. MartinDocNewland

MartinDocNewland Searching for the truth

Jul 7, 2012
    Short answer: No

Long answer: you will need to inject that rom into a VC GBA and play it that way. There are guides here if you do a search about it

3. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    GilgameshArcher likes this.
  4. PK101
    This message by PK101 has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 22, 2016, Reason: Useless -rp.
    Jul 22, 2016
  5. Deck of Noobs
    This message by Deck of Noobs has been removed from public view by raulpica, Jul 22, 2016, Reason: Useless -rp.
    Jul 22, 2016
  6. darkblitz
    OP

darkblitz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2015
    Gambia, The
    thank you but the existing cia files must be created in some was...

MartinDocNewland do you mean a gba emulator like mgba? there the games are very laggy

Davidosky99 iam afraid of the part "You may break system if you delete wrong system title in process, so I don't take any responsibility for any possible damages. If you are not comfortable with it - stop reading right here."

7. Davidosky99

Davidosky99 Eevee :3

Banned
    Jun 7, 2015
    Porto
    It is quite safe, just download the gba rom.
    Next generate a header
    Then just apply the header with 2 banners and 1 icon(make those 3 pngs with specified sizes of the samples on paint).
    Then choose the ROM, header and images on the convertor and just generate the CIA.
    It's safe to install, really

Wolfvak and MartinDocNewland like this.
  8. TheNerdWIzard

TheNerdWIzard GBAtemp Regular

Jun 7, 2015
    United States