Hacking Convert a NDS to CIA?

hacksn5s4

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
you can play ds games on an android phone i have a cheap one and drastic runs pokemon full speed and the phones cheaper then a new 3ds id say drastics the best ds emulator since my pc s m ore power ful then cheap phone and desmue lags a bit

Last edited by hacksn5s4,

Trolling

This Username is taken. Problem?
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
nt2_02.jpg

What a toaster can do these days.

D

Deleted User

Can you name some? I am currently using an old version of rxtools and am not adverse to trying something new/updating.
Luma3DS, but for acekard you would have to update the bootrom, and for other, older R4 cards you need to install TWL Slot-1 Launcher, or Stage2 Launcher depending on how old the card is.

Tigran

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can play ds games on an android phone i have a cheap one and drastic runs pokemon full speed and the phones cheaper then a new 3ds id say drastics the best ds emulator since my pc s m ore power ful then cheap phone and desmue lags a bit

Most phones to play DS games fullspeed with sound are not less than a DS, also no actual buttons... no thanks.

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
afaik when you run a ds game on the 3ds it simply clears any sort of 3ds code from the ram & cpu (besides the home button code), and it uses whatever resources are available (i wager about 96% available) to run the DS game
so, when a DS game is running, there aren't enough resources available to run the home menu in the background, any streetpass/spotpass programs, any online capabilities (besides the DS ones, but those are deprecated), and all that stuff
but the 3ds system reboots into "DS backwards compatability" mode, so any hacks you have running (e.g. gateway mode) get disabled
unless we can find a way to make the system not reboot when going into ds-mode (afaik a step which can not get removed), we will not get DS games through the home menu

That is not entirely true. First of all download play demos can be converted to cia and work just fine, the main (only?) problem with retail game roms is the cart access issue. To get regular DS roms working would require making a DS/DSi mode homebrew that patches the rom so that it uses the SD card (dldi?) rather than slot1. Something similar has been done before, remember Max Overload? Though of course reverse engineering Max Overload won't be easy.

D

Deleted User

eh if i have no flash card and ds emulation on 3ds is crap i have to use another device to emulate ds games
if you have something capable of running DeSmuME X432R, at least a laptop from the past 4 years you have the perfect thing for emulating NDS

Davidosky99

Eevee :3
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.davidosky99.xyz
XP
Country
ds emulaton on pcs laggy for me so only way i can emulate them full speed is to use drastic on android
OK wanna go more offtopic?
We're not talking about your crappy PC or your smartphone, you don't seem to understand how threads or even forums work. PLEASE STOP SHITPOSTING. If you have nothing decent to say to a thread, don't say it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: LOL