Status
Not open for further replies.

Drak0rex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My sister is tech illiterate, and I'm trying to help her update her Wii setup. Thought it'd be easier to do it myself. Can anyone recommend an easy to use program that will let me take control of her computer from mine?

I had high hopes for Crossloop, but it was discontinued last year.

TehCupcakes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I used to really like LogMeIn, but it's no longer free. The default remote desktop with Windows depends entirely on what operating system(s) you guys are running, and can be a pain to set up. Just go with TeamViewer.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
windows already has remote desktop inbuilt but it sucks... (iirc it forces the host to logoff from his account on the computer... which sucks..)

but i prefer team viewer (it even has several versions to make your life easy like a portable one or a just host one)

there is also the realvnc (never used it but lots of folks preefer it over team viewer)
and lots of programs that has VNC on the name...

there is also the "dark ones" (talking about virus > : D )

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
I usually use TeamViewer because they have that QuickSupport. It's much easier to instruct open an .exe and tell them to give ID and password. No one can screw up that simple procedure and it's also useable trough android if someone needs quick help.

Smuff

Fossilized Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
+1 for teamviewer

We do a lot of this sort of thing at work and while we're not allowed to use teamviewer for work, we all wish we could.

temptemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
TeamViewer is really easy to use, so I'd say try it. But IMHO Splashtop is way better than TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1