Controllers' problems

Windows_10_User Jun 26, 2019.

1. Windows_10_User
    OP

Windows_10_User Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    Since the beginning of this year my controllers are all screwed up. I have two fake DualShock 3 (both bought on the last Summer) and a wired Thrustmaster (which also works with the PS2) controllers. The Thrustmaster (bought some years ago) randomly presses the X button in the XMB (and I have to press the Start button a little hard when playing a game otherwise it won't work [I think I already had this problem before installing CFW for the first time] and after moving the left analog stick the character moves a lot more when comparing with the fake and I guess the genuine DualShock 3 and so it's hard to control it, although the controller might have been built this way) and when playing a game and one of the fake DualShock 3 has the character move to the right and both make the camera rotate. I had different controllers' problems in the recent past (it looks like they keep changing) but now I have these ones. I also have the Thrustmaster problems on the PS2 and the fake DualShock 3 ones regardless if I play with the cable (I even changed it and I still have the problems) or not. I tried a working DualShock 3 lent from a friend and I still had the problems. Plus, my friend didn't have the problems I'm having with my controllers in his PS3 after I borrowed him my controllers.

This started some time after installing CFW (although the controllers' problems were different back then) for the first time back in August and I even formatted the PS3 afterwards (and restaured the defaults setting, which AFAIK formatted the PS3 again) and installed OFW and I still had the problem. I'm on CFW again and I still have these problems. It's so frustrating since I can't play a game in normal conditions.

2. VyperS_702

VyperS_702 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    USA
    Sounds like the blue tooth in the console may be bad. Just swap it out and see if it helps.

3. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    That's what I'm thinking, it might be the BD module but I don't know how to change it. But is it normal to also have problems when I play ith the cable and not only when I play wirelessly?

4. Haizum74

Haizum74 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2019
    United Kingdom
    I have a similar issue but only with the one controller. As for wired VS wireless, I think wired is only for charging and that it still uses BT for playing games (not 100% about this) when plugged in to USB.

It's possible that the internals of the controller might be gummed up. Worth a look inside and a clean.

KiiWii likes this.
  5. VyperS_702

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    USA
    Swapping out a BT is easy. Only 5 screws and a ribbon cable hold it on in a fat. Not sure about a slim but I’d bet it’s even easier. There is some direct data transfer with the controllers to the USB though... that’s why it will have you plug a controller in when you first turn a PS3 on (or reformat the HDD). So it could be your controllers just took a crap on you.

6. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    But I tried a working genuine DualShock 3 a friend lent me and it also didn't work.

Too difficult for me and it have to be all three controllers at the same time since a working genuine DualShock 3 controller also has problems.

7. Haizum74

Haizum74 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Apr 5, 2019
    United Kingdom

If swapping out BT is too difficult (how do you know without trying) then you're going to be out of luck if that is the cause.

8. VyperS_702

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    USA
    Yeah, sounds more and more like the BT went out. Should cost less than $10 on eBay.

9. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    That's the problem. I don't know, I suppose it is.

The problem is knowing which one to buy and how to replace the original.

10. VyperS_702

Newcomer
    May 25, 2019
    United States
    USA
    What model console is it? I have a ton of them for fats.

11. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    CECH 2004B. It's a PS3 Slim. I don't know if different models require different BT modules even they're also Fat, Slim or Super Slim versions.

12. Windows_10_User
    OP

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2018
    Portugal
    I bought an used controller (I think it's this one). I didn't care for the brand/model, I just picked it. So far it's working well but the other ones were too before starting to have problems some weeks/months after. Also, I don't know what's going on but my left thumb is slipping when playing no matter which controller I use (different left analogs). Maybe it's my finger's fault! Lol

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted