controller

supersaiyanle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i connect 2 controllers to the modded wii to play gamecube or n64 games with 2 players? what brand of controllers do i need? is there a controller that is universal for all homebrew games? thank you

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with Wii Classic controllers you can play N64 VC games. I think they could made to work with Nintendont (GC games) too iirc. Same for GC controllers, with them you can play GC and N64 VC games (my prefered way). Both GC & Wii Classic controller work with emulators.
Other controllers like PS3/PS4/Xbox360 etc. They might work with Nintendont, but they'll require some adapters and tinkering to work..

supersaiyanle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, with Wii Classic controllers you can play N64 VC games. I think they could made to work with Nintendont (GC games) too iirc. Same for GC controllers, with them you can play GC and N64 VC games (my prefered way). Both GC & Wii Classic controller work with emulators.
Other controllers like PS3/PS4/Xbox360 etc. They might work with Nintendont, but they'll require some adapters and tinkering to work..
so i can connect 2 classic pro controllers to my 2 wiimotes and play verses mode in a fighting game for example in nintendont.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i can connect 2 classic pro controllers to my 2 wiimotes and play verses mode in a fighting game for example in nintendont.
Yes. Though they should be genuine and not fakes, both the Wiimotes & Classic controllers, and turn off "native controls" in Nintendont before launching the game.

Reactions: supersaiyanle

supersaiyanle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes. Though they should be genuine and not fakes, both the Wiimotes & Classic controllers, and turn off "native controls" in Nintendont before launching the game.
thanks. do you know by chance if the wiiu pro controllers will work the same with not64 and nintendont? and if i can connect 2 for 2 players? i perfer the wiiu pro controllers over the classic, because I don’t like the attachment with the wiimote, just looks and feels strange to me. thanks again.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks. do you know by chance if the wiiu pro controllers will work the same with not64 and nintendont? and if i can connect 2 for 2 players? i perfer the wiiu pro controllers over the classic, because I don’t like the attachment with the wiimote, just looks and feels strange to me. thanks again.
I think they do work, but they should be genuine and not fake controllers. I assume they can work with Not64, though don't quote me on it..

supersaiyanle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think they do work, but they should be genuine and not fake controllers. I assume they can work with Not64, though don't quote me on it..
great. thank you for the help. will be doing some test runs this weekend. on another topic, i realize my family wii says “this version of wii does not support dvd
playback” on wiimc. are all family wiis cannot play dvds? or am i just not configuring something right?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great. thank you for the help. will be doing some test runs this weekend. on another topic, i realize my family wii says “this version of wii does not support dvd
playback” on wiimc. are all family wiis cannot play dvds? or am i just not configuring something right?
Not sure. Have you tried with MPlayer?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?