Controller Glitch Question

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Prior22, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Prior22
    OP

Prior22 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 23, 2010
    United States
    Over the past couple weeks I've had an odd issue with an official Sony wireless PS3 controller. Without touching any buttons the controller will act on its own and switch the camera angle of a game. Normally this would be accomplished by pressing the R1 or R2 buttons. But for whatever reason the controller is doing this without me even pressing anything.

This occurs with multiple games. Also I've tried resetting the controller, and this wont fix the issue. I'm assuming this is a controller issue, and not a system issue. But I wanted to confirm this before buying a new controller. Thanks.

2. Pedeadstrian

Pedeadstrian GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.

Oct 12, 2012
    United States
    Sandy Eggo
    Plug it into a computer, install the drivers, and see if the controller is still activating the R1 or R2 buttons without you doing anything. Or, try it on another console. That's a surefire way of seeing if it's the controller or not. It is incredibly likely it's the controller itself, but you never know.

Prior22 likes this.