Hacking Contra ReBirth Gamepad Emulation

loleitors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
After many attempts using Teconmoon's tool I conclude that I can't play Contra Rebirth with the Wii U Gamepad. I used the wiimote, classic controller and force classic controller emulation options, but when I load the game the movement goes crazy. Somehow I managed to turn swing off but nothing happened. On the other hand Castlevania the Adventure Rebirth works as it should and I can't explain why.

Any ideas?

Last edited by loleitors,

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Unfortunately gamepad support can't be added for this wiiware title. I'm aware that some wiiware games can recieve such support (such as Megaman 9 and 10), but in the thread on that iso site that offers such games, it points out that Contra Rebirth can only be done with Wiimote support and not Gamepad.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's the same with New Super Mario Bros Wii, simply cannot get gamepad control. I'm sure someone will have a technical reason why but in the mean time we just need to suck it up and play on gamepad with the wiimote..... (ugh!)

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's the same with New Super Mario Bros Wii, simply cannot get gamepad control. I'm sure someone will have a technical reason why but in the mean time we just need to suck it up and play on gamepad with the wiimote..... (ugh!)

Yeah, its frustrating, especially when games like Donkey Kong Country Returns have been made playable with the Gamepad, thanks to an earlier mod that allowed the game to be played with a Wii Classic Controller. One would think that if one sideways Wiimote game can be modded in that way and then allowed to be played with a Gamepad, that any game like that could also get the same treatment, but I guess not.

Reactions: Lostbhoy

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just double checked because I could have sworn my did work from gamepad and it does work from gamepad. Try different options under wiimote emulation such as IIRC horizontal Wiimote emulation. That could be wrong my computer crashed and I haven't reinstalled the injector but try different options.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just double checked because I could have sworn my did work from gamepad and it does work from gamepad. Try different options under wiimote emulation such as IIRC horizontal Wiimote emulation. That could be wrong my computer crashed and I haven't reinstalled the injector but try different options.

Do the controls make sense or is it not intuitive? Cuz I could see it being possible, but the controls being so awkward and can't be fixed so they don't share it. And you're talking about the Wiiware Contra Rebirth game right? Not any other Contra title.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do the controls make sense or is it not intuitive? Cuz I could see it being possible, but the controls being so awkward and can't be fixed so they don't share it. And you're talking about the Wiiware Contra Rebirth game right? Not any other Contra title.

Yes Contra rebirth. Give me a little bit and I'll make a video. I've hardly played it so I will test how good the controls are.

JayMathis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not hard to make a video. I did notice for a second the character went to the left on his own. Other than that it worked. So maybe it's not perfect.

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice, that moving left part was odd, but if it only happens once at the start then it seems like no big deal. If it reoccurs throughout the game it might be a problem, but from that clip it seems tolerable.

Lostbhoy

HEY YOU GUYS!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There has been a few exceptions when playing with the settings in the injector, some games actually do work when cc is forced for instance.... Op should try that. I did with mario and still got lemons! :wacko:

loleitors

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
@Lostbhoy indeed I did try forced CC, but the problem remains.

@JayMathis Did you try further into the game? Since in my experience I got the same results as your video... for a little while until it gets crazy again.

So according to the comments it seems there is not a way to fix it. That's a bummer I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool