Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PLEASE COMPLETE BOTH STEPS BEFORE VOTING

Make sure you're using the 1.07 kernel located here, and not the Neoflash version.

If the english version doesn't work, try using the simplified Chinese (chs) version, then replacing the "language.ini" with the one from the English folder (language.ini is located in the TTMenu folder). Please post if this fixes the problem.

And by working, I mean it generates the save correctly.

juancarlos234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It couldn't generate o proper Save for me. I was given one off here, and it worked perfectly. It's not the game that's the problem, just appears to be the .sav generating

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contra 4 works. I got the "can't find save file" error, but when I looked on the TF card there was a CONTRA4.SAV file there. Something about that ROM causes the kernel to write the filename with all caps. I renamed it to "Contra4.sav" and now it works fine.
happy.gif

pinobot

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Contra 4 works. I got the "can't find save file" error, but when I looked on the TF card there was a CONTRA4.SAV file there. Something about that ROM causes the kernel to write the filename with all caps. I renamed it to "Contra4.sav" and now it works fine.
happy.gif
Thanks, i had the same problem with FIFA06, changed .SAV to .sav and it worked.
bow.gif

bxjoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Contra 4 works. I got the "can't find save file" error, but when I looked on the TF card there was a CONTRA4.SAV file there. Something about that ROM causes the kernel to write the filename with all caps. I renamed it to "Contra4.sav" and now it works fine.
happy.gif

Thanks man you saved me some frustration there, worked just as you said. I ran into a similar problem with my geometry wars save. the DSTT decided to change the extension to .SAV and didn't recognize it, thought I had lost my progress, but your info helped me out big time. thanks again.
yaynds.gif

dmonkey21

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
happy.gif
Hmmm that is wierd... That happens to me on many m3 simpyl games... Contra 4 included. It renames the sav file in all-caps, and even if i rename it it goes back to caps after i save again XD
On the simply (r4) it doesn't really matter though, except when choosing a ganme all of them are at the top of the list because it does capitalizations and folders first.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Urza's FAQ) said:
Q. How about Contra 4? I heard there were issues with that.
A. From my testing, Contra 4 runs perfectly on the 1.07 firmware.
lecture.gif
With all due respect for your work, Urza, this isn't quite what I meant when I posted about you adding to your FAQ. It doesn't answer the issue, which is Contra 4 creating a "CONTRA4.SAV" file that needs to be renamed to "Contra4.sav" before it will actually work. Something along these lines needs to be added:

Updated FAQQ. How about Contra 4? I heard there were issues with that.
A. From my testing, Contra 4 runs perfectly on the 1.07 firmware. If you run into an error message that tells you that the save file cannot be found, try renaming "CONTRA4.SAV" to "Contra4.sav" - removing the capital letters from the file name (especially the extension) while matching the ROM's file name.

Urza

hi
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE(Urza's FAQ) said:
A. From my testing, Contra 4 runs perfectly on the 1.07 firmware.
lecture.gif
With all due respect for your work, Urza, this isn't quite what I meant when I posted about you adding to your FAQ. It doesn't answer the issue, which is Contra 4 creating a "CONTRA4.SAV" file that needs to be renamed to "Contra4.sav" before it will actually work. Something along these lines needs to be added:

Updated FAQ said:
A. From my testing, Contra 4 runs perfectly on the 1.07 firmware. If you run into an error message that tells you that the save file cannot be found, try renaming "CONTRA4.SAV" to "Contra4.sav" - removing the capital letters from the file name (especially the extension) while matching the ROM's file name.
Lets read the whole thing now, shall we?
Q. Why aren't the saves from my R4 working? Don't they have the same extension as the DSTT saves?
A. Capitalization is the key. Change the capitalized ".SAV" extension of the file to the lowercase ".sav".

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, for one thing, just changing ".SAV" to ".sav" won't always fix the problem. The rest of the file name needs to match the ROM file name, at least in the case of Contra 4 (Meteos created a "METEOS.SAV" file, and my DSTT boots it just fine). Also, I think that the error message text "save file not found" (or whatever the exact text is) should be in there for people who are scanning the FAQ for that specific problem, but it's your FAQ not mine.

Just don't ding people for not reading the FAQ if it doesn't, in fact, answer all of the frequently asked questions.

twit21

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I guess I just give people too much credit when it comes to common sense.

I'll go update it now.
That you do. Never understood why it's called common sense when it's not so common. ~.~

I apologize, Urza, reading over my previous posts I realize I come off sounding like an asshole. That's not my intention, it's just the tone that my writing sometimes takes.
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.