ROM Hack Content Ripping?

mainframe004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've been looking far and wide for a method of ripping content from a ROM (specifically 2704 - Time Hollow (U)(Repack)(Xenophobia).nds), and so far I've come up pretty short. What I want to do is to get a background during one of the events of Time Hollow, as I'll be using it as a reference picture for a friend. And while I'm at it, maybe get the sound files, too.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Demonbart

GBATemp's guitar hero
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did you try using dslazy to extract the rom?
That should enable you to get the files from it.
As for the music, use ndssndext (get it from filetrip) to extract all the music from the rom. May or may not play well on your computer depending on the-flying-spaghetti-monster-knows-what.

mainframe004

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Demonbart said:
Did you try using dslazy to extract the rom?
That should enable you to get the files from it.
As for the music, use ndssndext (get it from filetrip) to extract all the music from the rom. May or may not play well on your computer depending on the-flying-spaghetti-monster-knows-what.

Just unpacked the ROM with DSlazy. There's a folder here called bg (I'm assuming it stands for background) containing a bunch of .arc files. How do I view these as images?

rastsan

8 baller, Death Wizard,
Trophies
Website
rastsan.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Canada
arc may be compressed. your run of the mill image viewer will not just open those files. use some other tools. There may be one for arc files. (use the search button)
for the ds sound files again there are tools out there.
CT2 can let you listen but dumping and reinsertion eh.
So again use the search button (on the top of gbatemps screen in the window that pops up type nds sound tools and only search the nds forums).

Ct2 (crystaltile2) will probably view though the arc I am not sure... just like the nds file system thing...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: well then show them how to scratch it (this is a verbalase joke)