Constant Kernel panics

Discussion in 'PS4 - Hacking & Homebrew' started by kingbradley6000, Jul 15, 2018.

1. kingbradley6000
    OP

kingbradley6000 Member

Newcomer
    Nov 24, 2017
    United States
    so recently I've been having too many kernel panics on my ps4 slim on 5.05. It used to barely occur once in a while but now it happens every other time I try to run the Mira+HEN payload, is there a way to ensure that this doesn't keep happening?

Last edited by kingbradley6000, Jul 15, 2018
  2. a7mag3ddon

a7mag3ddon GBAtemp Regular

Mar 17, 2013
    Don't use mira+hen that's your issue. Just run HEN 1.6 or 1.7.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

KiiWii likes this.
  3. jmrodrigues

jmrodrigues GBAtemp Regular

Feb 13, 2016
    Portugal
    Well, even HEN 1.7 has a few panics here and there on my pro.

4. ravihpa

ravihpa GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 11, 2007
    India
    Go into Browser and clear history, cookies, and cache. Also, when you're executing HEN, make sure you don't have anything connected to your USB ports. That should help :)

KiiWii likes this.
  5. lordpsycho

lordpsycho Member

Newcomer
    Oct 9, 2014
    Peru
    If by kernel panic you mean "my PS4 shuts down and I have to turn it on again by pressing the power button twice"
    then when you turn on your PS4, log into your user and wait in the home screen like 1 or 2 minutes before running HEN
    I don't know if some processes are still being loaded in the background, but I've had the most crashes when I turn on the console and inmediately run the exploit

6. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    Don't run Hen with USB HDD/Thumbdrive plugged in, if it still consistent then your drive may gone bad.

7. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Before you start any payloads give your PS4 30 seconds at the main UI to let system tasks simmer down after startup.

In addition, after a KP, when it does it’s checks and gets back to “welcome back to PlayStation” screen:

Get to the game select screen, and go straight to reboot.

This will start console up again cleanly ready to load payload.