Hardware constant error messages

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lali ho.

I have an original model Vita armed with a 64GB memory card. Lately I've had nothing but error messages off the damn thing no matter what game I try to play. Some of them start then die within seconds, some don't even get that far. A wide variety of error messages, but no games loading. I've heard the 64GB cards are notorious for corruption, have I now hit that point? If so, then;

- How do I fix it?
- How do I stop this happening again?
- Where can I get an alternative memory card, preferably of a decent size, as they are impossible to get here in Coventry and eBay is full of ridiculously jacked up scalper prices.

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lali ho.

I have an original model Vita armed with a 64GB memory card. Lately I've had nothing but error messages off the damn thing no matter what game I try to play. Some of them start then die within seconds, some don't even get that far. A wide variety of error messages, but no games loading. I've heard the 64GB cards are notorious for corruption, have I now hit that point? If so, then;

- How do I fix it?
- How do I stop this happening again?
- Where can I get an alternative memory card, preferably of a decent size, as they are impossible to get here in Coventry and eBay is full of ridiculously jacked up scalper prices.

You could try the SD2Vita adapters then buy the cheaper micro sd cards.
Adaptor is like $5-10 bucks on amazon
And for price of vita 64G u can buy a large micro sd card. Think mine was $79. If I start having issues with official then I’ll go the SD2Vita route. But u need a hacked vita which I just assumed u have

Reactions: iktwo

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this problem. I have a 32 GB vita card and I get an error dialog while playing any game. I've not tried to reformat the card. Actually I would get the error right after opening a game, I read somewhere that I could try to rebuild the database in the recovery menu (R + PS button while turning on). That actually helped! Games don't crash right away now, although they still crash. I rebuilt the database more than 10 times and games still crash for me. So that wasn't a real solution.

Thanks! I will check out SD2Vita!

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having this problem. I have a 32 GB vita card and I get an error dialog while playing any game. I've not tried to reformat the card. Actually I would get the error right after opening a game, I read somewhere that I could try to rebuild the database in the recovery menu (R + PS button while turning on). That actually helped! Games don't crash right away now, although they still crash. I rebuilt the database more than 10 times and games still crash for me. So that wasn't a real solution.

Thanks! I will check out SD2Vita!

If you have the oled first gen vita then u still need vita memory card cause if update or problem with plugin then u will need it to enable SD2Vita plugin so that that adapter that goes in gamecart slot will work. If u have the slim one it has some internal memory which is enough to get the job done. So just a heads up. I don’t think u need a big vita memory card if u have first gen just 4G or under will be fine as it is just temporary anyhow. I just got my vita several weeks ago and my 64G vita card a week later. It did get corrupt once after using psx game and cwcheat. System still ran everything fine but I couldn’t get into the options bubble. Kept getting an error. So I formatted it with vita which I didn’t do when first got it, and I haven’t had any issues since. But I haven’t had to much play time on it yet. Most of the time just putting psp, psx, and vita games on it and other useful apps

iktwo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wanted to say that I got the SD2Vita and it is working great! I had some issues while setting it up. I had to delete ux0:tai before it would get recognized. I guess there were ur0:tai and ux0:tai and only one was loaded. Anyway, I copied everything from my official card and it is working flawlessly!

Condarkness_XY

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming you have hacked your vita (3.60, 3.65 Enso) then you have access to sd2vita and can buy that for cheap. If not, but your on 3.60 then you should Henkaku it, or install Enso. If your on official 3.65, your screwed for the forseeable future until the flow releases something for 3.65 and up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality