Hacking Discussion Consoles brick, learn how to handle it!

ByteBite

Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Hell I should have checked the src myself, but it was me being lazy...
And that, in summation, is the whole situation folks.

YOU are the one making the accusations, and yet you have PRESENTED NO EVIDENCE WHATSOEVER, EVEN THOUGH YOU'RE THE ONLY ONE WHO CAN. Let this be a warning for anyone interested in any product from your "company".
Wow, this is such a good advertisement for ReBug. Certainly inspires confidence.

johndoegba

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Here's my take on this. I've been using RajNX since v0691 and never encountered any problems. I've been updating everytime a new upload was done on his site. I must say i don't even took any precautions to restore a brick since i don't have any soldering skills. If my Switch would brick i'd look elswhere for another CFW capable Switch. Unless there's a solderless way to restore NAND. I've never expierenced bricks with any of my devices. Be it one of my 3DS's, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS3, PSVITA or any other device i have, capable of being softmodded. I've been doing this kind of stuff for years and even my first time ever softmodding a console went well. Things like this are also called common sense and as long as you use your common sense nothing will brick. Ever.

Reactions: Meepers55

Serfrost

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've never expierenced bricks with any of my devices. Be it one of my 3DS's, Wii, Wii U, Switch, PS3, PSVITA or any other device i have, capable of being softmodded. I've been doing this kind of stuff for years and even my first time ever softmodding a console went well. Things like this are also called common sense and as long as you use your common sense nothing will brick. Ever.
Same experiences on my end. I agree.

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States
-Don't use your Switch to prototype, test, and develop internal hardware modifications.
Or use untested cfw, payloads, install random nca's.

Look I know you like to troll and be toxic to the community, but that's all you contribute.
So take a break and try to move forward on figuring out the issue so it doesn't happen to someone else. I am fortunate enough to where I can trash a system and get another one, not everyone is in that position.

I'll report back in the next week after I get the new charge IC to see if it helps.
I would like to resolve the issue to fully narrow it down, and again it could have just been a perfect storm of hardware/software failures to cascade to the charge IC.
We wont really know until this IC is changed out and move onto the next issue when it pops up.
If it turns out to be the official nintendo dock that bricked the system I will absolutely own up to that and make a post.
But as it sits, I ripped the dock apart this morning and everything seems to be in order, I even went as far as checking my electrical outlet to make sure its getting proper voltage.
It's possible it could have been the nintendo power adapter that could have caused a surge, I cant rule that out just yet either until I rip it apart and test it.

I like Raj, he seems like a good person from my conversations with him, and hes a good dev so I'm not discrediting him there.
Shit happens its part of life and especially when messing with hardware/software ;)

I'll report more as I move along.

Last edited by evilsperm,

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's no point in locking this one up when the drama has cooled down. Both Evilsperm and Raj have made it clear that they want to get to the bottom of things. Not only that, but this thread was made to tell people how to properly react if they brick their Switch past the point of no return, not to start petty drama. I'd say both Raj and Evilsperm are owning up to things now.

Last edited by Joe88,

Deathscreton

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went out and bought another switch just to dissect for this issue because I didn't feel like waiting a week for the new IC. I'll be removing and swapping the charge controller IC later today and swapping it to the non functioning system.
I would document the entire journey. All it takes is one naysayer to try and discount you and the whole of GBATemper will come raining down on you.

Meepers55

Flintstones Regular
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I went out and bought another switch just to dissect for this issue because I didn't feel like waiting a week for the new IC. I'll be removing and swapping the charge controller IC later today and swapping it to the non functioning system.
If this all turns out to be an issue caused by official Nintendo hardware, I'd become extremely worried. If not, then every Switch owner dodged a bullet. Both a CFW and a modchip can be fixed, but official docks bricking consoles is something that isn't as easy to get around.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude in my original post. You truly redeemed yourself by trying to find the cause of this issue. ^_^

datahoarder

Organized.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If this all turns out to be an issue caused by official Nintendo hardware, I'd become extremely worried. If not, then every Switch owner dodged a bullet. Both a CFW and a modchip can be fixed, but official docks bricking consoles is something that isn't as easy to get around.

I'm sorry if I came off as rude in my original post. You truly redeemed yourself by trying to find the cause of this issue. ^_^
I mean caution was there and "use-at-your-own-risk", but people generally shouldn't accuse with ferver that x (cfw) did x (bricked) without significant proof.
Too many screaming banshees (non-directed) around trying to protect everyone else, but it's really way too much of being an alarmist. I hope we find out, the root cause, soon.

evilsperm

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
rebug.me
XP
Country
United States

Honestly I REALLY hope its from official nintendo hardware and nothing to do with cfw. I will be breaking it all down in the next few days so we can all be 95% sure of the issue. If it is only related to the nitty hardware I will def apologize for jumping the gun.

efxonly123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have there been any other reports of Rajnx bricking a switch?
Honestly I REALLY hope its from official nintendo hardware and nothing to do with cfw. I will be breaking it all down in the next few days so we can all be 95% sure of the issue. If it is only related to the nitty hardware I will def apologize for jumping the gun.

Wouldn't it be easier to just run Rajnx on the new switch you have first, without the switchme involved and without removing the ic chip, and then run the same games you ran before? At least that's one way to separate the software from the hardware issue.

gabe_derp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Clear logic? In my modding scene?!

Good post. It always surprises me how people expect nothing bad to happen if they run unsigned code on their hardware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-