Console Modding Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to make an update for the Sega Saturn...

There are 3 jumpers on the motherboard that dictate what region the console can read discs from... you can easily solder in a 3 way switch to change the region.

Also, there is the Swap feature for the Saturn... the disc will spin VERY fast to read the inner ring (real disc check), then slow down, and right before it spins up agian, you swap discs, and it'll load your burnt disc.

If you need some proof, I can make a video (I still love my Saturn!)

RhiGhost

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Anyone know much about playing back ups on the Dreamcast? I've downloaded a few games burnt them to disks but they aren't being read. Is there any specifics that need to be followed, like burn speed and disk type?

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
RhiGhost said:
Anyone know much about playing back ups on the Dreamcast? I've downloaded a few games burnt them to disks but they aren't being read. Is there any specifics that need to be followed, like burn speed and disk type?

The program that you should use is dependant on the image type and you should burn as slow as possible, generally discjuggler.
There also might be the possibility that they aren't self booting and you will need a boot disc for them.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For PS1 you should add:

The Gameshark (any version) disc swap method. It requires the lid sensor to be held down (obviously) and some games won't be able to stream audio tracks. For this you can do a double swap with a higher TOC/track disc and a few more games will boot and/or not freeze during gameplay.

The i/o port plug-in mod/cheat cart swap method which requires a legit disc to boot up with and then swapped after authentication with the lid sensor held down.

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ryu81 said:
best,cheap & easy to installing for gamecube?

XenoGC is about the only thing that fits that. All are easy, most are good, but only the XenoGC is cheap.

Er... Thought it would merge since it wasn't that long between posts. Sorry!

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good thread, very informal, too bad i already know about all of these. You should add McBoot next to Independent Exploit or something. and wii can be softmodded now, but its not perfect and updates can kill it/remove it...etc. im sure u know about it...

Btw does anyone know where i can get a mod for PS2 slim that allows a harddrive. (HDCombo, HDConnect, Sata HDConnect...) I just found a V13 and installed a dms4 pro i had lying around. I found this but shipping jack the price up

http://psxboy.com/889_HD-Combo-for-PSTWO-SCPH-7000X.html

I might get this if no one reply, i just didnt like that i need to buy a separate power adapter.
http://www.maxdiypower.com/index.php?gOo=g...mp;productname=

T

tal32123

is it just me or is opening up your system and screwing with stuff scary? especially when its that expensive.

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
tal32123 said:
is it just me or is opening up your system and screwing with stuff scary? especially when its that expensive.

Yeah, it's scary. But you just have to be really well informed and know exactly what you are doing.
And search YouTube for videos explaining how to open it, step by step, with images.
That's how I opened my Wii, my laptop before me, showing that video step by step, and I just did the same with my Wii.

triassic911

Burst Mode
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
You probably already know this but for the Saturn you either need a modchip or the disk swap, the Dreamcast plays CDRs/backups with no modding.
Please tell me you are serious. I will go out and buy one if this is true. Can anyone confirm??

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i normally would comment in such an olf thread... but this is a sticky. the wii section desperately needs updating, in case you havent noticed the wii "hacking" section... no one needs a modchip anymore.

67birdman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can also softmod your Wii
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1