Considering a Supercard

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by Arizato, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Arizato
    OP

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    I'm thinking about getting a Supercard DSTwo for my 3DS since I want to update it. Getting kinda tired of 4.5. But I am worried about the Supercard getting a permanent block. I bought an Acekard in 2011 when I got my 3DS, but it was permablocked a year ago if I remember correctly?

Is there a risk the Supercard is meeting the same fate? Should I wait for a newer flashcart to hit the market?

2. EyeZ

EyeZ GBAtemp Addict

Dec 4, 2009
    Well the DSTWO hasn't been blocked yet after over 3 years, but who knows if it ever will get a permanent block, it's the best cart you can purchase.

3. Xexyz

Xexyz GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz

Jul 29, 2013
    United States
    沖縄県
    We need Rydian!

4. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    DSTwo has an onboard CPU which allows it to update even if it's blocked by Ninty.
    Besides, the SC Team is reliable and have provided an update to the old Supercard SD (GBA card) a year or 3 ago (SCSD was released in 03/04?)

Go for a DSTwo, you won't be disappointed.

5. Super.Nova

Super.Nova GBAtemp Regular

Dec 20, 2009
    Saudi Arabia
    Under Government Suppression
    For all I know, it was, still and probably will stay the best DS flashcart there is.
    It has far more superior specs and features than all others but it has the only one downside which is the price.
    It is still affordable but there are people out there whom can't waste much money on something like that.
    I hope them the best anyway :)

6. irondoom

irondoom GBAtemp Regular

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    I have had no regrets since buying my dstwo over a year ago if that helps. Worth the money IMO

7. Arizato
    OP

Arizato Memento Mori

Jun 1, 2009
    Hmmm. Maybe I should take the plunge then! Thanks guys!

8. tbgtbg

tbgtbg Shaking the ring ropes up in the sky

Nov 27, 2006
    United States
    Assuming the team keeps releasing updates, that is. There's no indication they won't, but if they did, even an onboard CPU won't do any good. And you don't need the onboard CPU to update if you're smart and update the DSTWO before the system, anyway (or have a DS/DSL). The onboard CPU is nice and all (power drain aside) but the real key is support, which they definitely have at the moment.

9. DinohScene

DinohScene Capture the Dino

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    В небо
    Anyone with a bit of knowledge would know that updating a system before the flashcard has been updated is foolish.
    Atleast, one would think that is.

Well, I haven't seen the SC team suddenly drop support on products tho.