Misc Connecting with a TP-Link TL-WN727N - Error Code 52100

065227N

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to set up a Wifi connection with a Wireless Lite N USB Adaptor (TP-Link TL-WN727N) but for some reason I keep getting Error Code 52100. Can someone tell me what to do? This tutorial is very similar to what I'm using but it has 2 settings while I have only one for some reason.

http://gbatemp.net/t223663-tutorial-making...t-ap-for-ds-psp

According to my computer my setting are:

IP address: 192.168.123.1
Subnet Mask: 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: Empty
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

My DS settings are

IP address: 192.168.123.11
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1

But it doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know what I'm doing wrong?

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the time it's because you're using a 802.11 protocol that isn't compatible with the DS. The DS will only connect to access points that support 802.11b or b/g mixed. If you have the wireless adapter set to 802.11n only mode the DS won't connect.

h0ser81

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
trumpet-205 said:
DS can support 802.11g alone, no need to be mixed. Also, for encryption you either use none or WEP. No WPA or WPA2.

Original DS and DSlites are B only. DSi's will support b/g.

To the OP, you may be able to change it under the properties for the adapter in device manager.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
h0ser81 said:
trumpet-205 said:
DS can support 802.11g alone, no need to be mixed. Also, for encryption you either use none or WEP. No WPA or WPA2.

Original DS and DSlites are B only. DSi's will support b/g.

To the OP, you may be able to change it under the properties for the adapter in device manager.

Funny, cause my DS Phat connects to 802.11g alone fine with WRT624 set to g only.

shakirmoledina

Legend
Trophies
Website
vfootball.co.nf
XP
Country
Tanzania
try this

i think the settings are wrong
if u are going to send wifi signals to the DS thru the computer's internet connection then maybe my incomplete knowledge may help

Computer settings (considering this is the real adapter settings)

IP address: 192.168.123.1 (if yer router's IP address is 192.168.0.1 then this is a strange number)
Default Gateway: Empty (why is this empty? it should have a value which is from the internet connection)
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1 (this also comes from the internet connection which probably refers to the router's DNS)

DS

IP address: 192.168.123.11
Default Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (as u can tell, this refers to your router while u are getting the internet from your computer)
DNS Server: 192.168.0.1 (this is problematic as it should be the same as tht of the computer but its value should be given to u by the internet connection as for my experience with intel my wifi)

This is what i suggest (as it is what i do with intel my wifi)

First check your real adapter from which you get the internet connection which i believe is the one u mentioned above hence
IP Address: I.I.I.I
Gateway: G.G.G.G (this is the router's IP address which is commonly 192.168.0.1 but it could be different)
DNS: D.D.D.D (this u will see automatically assigned or manually esp if u are on wired connection)

The maestro in the other thread had two wireless network cards if i am not mistaken hence it showed up as two different adapters in the network connections page
How do u get your internet connection? is it through cable from the router or is yer router wireless

Check yer network and connection settings and see how many adapters are there... there should be 1 wireless which corresponds to the TP-LINK adapter and another one for the internet connection (which will be Local Area Connection if it is wired but if it is wireless then ur software from TP-LINK has to have the capability to receive and send thru the same card)
If ur wireless adapter is truly capable of doing so then u will see TWO wireless adapters in the network adapters page then u can do so
if u see only one then its probably configurable from the application that comes with TP-LINK adapter or else u will need another adapter to connect to the router seperately

SO NOW, we have 4 parts
1.) Router
2.) REAL adapter card settings (from which u get the internet connection either Wired or Wireless)
3.) The SOFTAP settings either found in the adapters page or the application (i dont think the application can have it though)
4.) THE DS (an outdated system it is)

The REAL adapter will have settings done automatically from which u get the internet to your computer and thus u dont have to change this AT ALL (it might have been manually set if it was wired ie. Local Area Network)

now the change the settings of the SOFTAP which u might find in network adapters or in the application for TP-LINK (in my case, i had an adapter called PAN ie. Personal Area Network)

IP Address: 192.168.0.1 (change it to 192.168.2.1 if your router's IP is 192.168.0.1)
Subnet: 255.255.255.0 (just as u wrote it)
Gateway: I.I.I.I (this should be exactly the same as the IP ADDRESS of your REAL wireless adapter which is automatically assigned to u by the internet connection or router)
DNS: X.X.X.X (should be the same as your internet connection's DNS which u will find if u check the details of the REAL wireless adapter settings)

Now for your DS
IP Address: 192.168.0.11
Subnet: 255.255.255.0
Gateway: 192.168.0.1 (which is equal to the IP ADDRESS of the TP-LINK soft AP settings not your REAL adapter card)
DNS: X.X.X.X (should be the same as tht of your internet connection, and TP-LINK softAP settings)

now test it

Conclusion: If u are receiving wifi internet through TP-LINK adapter card, then it is unlikely tht it can also send the internet tht it gets to others AT THE SAME TIME
Unless you can see TWO wireless network adapters icons in the adapters page (or maybe if u can see the settings of the SOFTAP in the TP-LINK application which is different) then it is possible to get internet on the DS
If u are using a Local Area Network (wired) connection or u have TWO wirelss adapter cards, then it is definitely possible to get internet on the DS (if the cable comes from the router)

i know i sounded like i was too detailed but i wanted to make sure u dont have any questions unanswered ... Good Luck?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: hot take: freddy fazbear's pizzeria simulator is peak fnaf