Hardware Connecting via Usb to pc issue

Pintglass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Can someone please tell me if the switch will connect to a computer via usb in normal mode? i know nothing can be done if it does connect.

Its just that i have a switch which i have repaired that does not connect in normal mode or in rcm, i also have an other switch that does connect in normal mode and in rcm, this is a patched one though so i can not go any further with it.

I've read some people saying it will only connect when its in rcm mode and others saying that there's connects in normal mode as well so if anyone can confirm for me that will be great.

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your Switch is powered on and booted into HorizonOS, and you connect it to your Windows computer, you should hear the device connect sound. While your Switch is connected and the screen is on, if you press the Power button once, you should hear the Windows disconnect sound and then the reconnect sound back to back. Then shortly after you will hear the disconnect sound again. Make sure your volume is turned up in Windows.

To be honest though, RCM mode is the easiest way to determine if your Switch is responding via USB. If you're having problems getting into RCM mode then I would definitely be looking at what kind of Jig you're using.

Pintglass

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ok thanks for the reply, I’m not having any issues getting into RCM mode as I use a jig.

I’ll have to open it back up to see what’s happening I’ve had to replace the USB port so perhaps somethings a miss there, pretty sure I checked all pins for continuity though.

Am I right in saying that it’s ok to use a usb A 2.0 to usb c cable as my other switch has no issue with this?

FanboyKilla

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean, if it works with one Switch then why shouldn't it work with the other? Not like the one has magical powers that the other doesn't. lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, gta v is down since november 2021