1. inditronic

OP inditronic Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Hi,

i would like to use a external HDD in docked mode with the switch. I have SX OS v 3.0.5 on the switch and formatted the HDD (WD 2 TB) in exfat 32 then connected it to the switch.

It does not show up in the settings under Storage neither do i see it when opening tinfoil. I am also not able to choose it in tinfoil as a place to install software there.

Anyone any clue what i do wrong?

2. Purple_Shyguy

Purple_Shyguy GBAtemp Maniac

It won't show up under storage.

Your .xci/.nsp will be scanned when you open the SXOS menu in the gallery.

Also, you cant install .nsp to HDD. You have to install to your switch memory or SD card. HDD is for holding your ROMs and nsp files

Last edited by Purple_Shyguy, Feb 22, 2021
  3. JustJay

JustJay GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    You can only play xcis nsps will not work but you can have them on the hdd and install to sd card.

Think of xcis like actual game carts and nsps as eshop that have to be installed you dont install xcis just transfer them to root of hdd from your conputer and you load the game from sxos menu you wont see it in storage like mentioned above only in sxos menu its normal.

Last edited by JustJay, Feb 22, 2021
  4. inditronic

OP inditronic Newbie
    Newcomer

Germany
    Works for me thanks for the information. Any way to move games installed in internal SD to the HDD?

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

an additional question. wand to use sx installer but can't download it as the site is down. does anyone know a source where i still can get it?

5. Draxzelex

Draxzelex GBAtemp Legend

United States
    There is no way to move games. As for your other question, its better to avoid relying on TX software for the time being. Might I recommend using TinWoo Installer instead?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Connecting, external, using