Homebrew Connect 3ds to android

Lyuksus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
So , after I've Googled a while , I couldnt find an explanation on how to connect your 3ds to your Android phone (btw I want to transfer data and I own a n3dsxl with a9lh luma )
Thx to every Reply!

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I use es explorer it can send thing over ftp and In fbi u can go to titledb and download one of the ftp clients

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

DrPhant0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which ftp app combination (3ds/android) works best for you all? I tried one from titledb with turbo client and it was slow and kept dropping the connection. So then I ftpd from my pc using winscp and it was much faster (700kbps+) and very stable

The 3ds ftp app I use has the gbatemp logo… I forget what it's called atm.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Giodude

GBAtemp's official rock
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Transferring data isn't too specific, and there are many options based on what little i have to work off of. If it's cia files you want to install remotely, there is an android build of socket punch that can send cias over the network or personal hotspot. A link to that can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aofcnjsgr7wkmty/SocketPunch-android-v0.5-alpha.zip?dl=0. If it's just files you want to transfer, that requires 2 applications for both the android and the 3ds. The 3ds needs ftdp, which you can either download through fbi's tile.db feature, or right here: https://github.com/Favna/FTPDB/releases/download/1.4.1/FTPDB.zip. I'll also put a qr code for it if you just want to scan it with fbi.
.eJwNxUEOgyAQAMC_cIeFXRDw2oc0BAmaqBBYT03_3s5lPuIZp1jFztznCrAdM7exqcltpFpUba2eJfVjqtwuSMwp71e5eQJqdMF4itFFckTWAnpLfnEYyLqA_xFeqfMzyhu18VIbiYtElMZIG1W_q_j-ANX-JrM.BW1s_rZSLXUZnRXAEEXx_8tDIBk
You then need an ftp client on your Android. I'd recommend es file explorer, as it's easy to use and has many features besides just ftp file transfer. You can either search that on Google play or click this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop. hope i was of some help. Ask if you have any more questions.

Last edited by Giodude,

DrPhant0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The newer versions of FBI don't support socketpunch anymore though right? Also… avoid the free version of es file explorer. It's full of spammy stuff these days.

Olmectron

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
The newer versions of FBI don't support socketpunch anymore though right? Also… avoid the free version of es file explorer. It's full of spammy stuff these days.

The Android version of SocketPunch is only usable with a mod of FBI 1.4.17, anyway, and the file transfer speeds are great with that one.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have new 3DS you don't need ftp as you can use the sdcard transfer option in settings, it works well with any type of FTP client on windows, including the default option of Explorer folder address FTP//XXX.XXX.X.XXX:5000 Or file zilla i think most people use. As for android, i use es file exlporer as it works and have not as many issues.

ES File Explorer_20170126_230542.png

DrPhant0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have new 3DS you don't need ftp as you can use the sdcard transfer option in settings, it works well with any type of FTP client on windows, including the default option of Explorer folder address FTP//XXX.XXX.X.XXX:5000 Or file zilla i think most people use. As for android, i use es file exlporer as it works and have not as many issues.

View attachment 76407
I actually couldn't get this to work with the "microsd management" option in settings. It works fine on my win7 pc and it shows up as a Network device… but I couldn't see it on my Android phone until I started a homebrew ftp app. I want to test the speed to see if it's significantly faster. Though I have doubts since it's not that fast on my computer.

What settings do you use in es file explorer? I have the pro version.

Thanks!

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually couldn't get this to work with the "microsd management" option in settings. It works fine on my win7 pc and it shows up as a Network device… but I couldn't see it on my Android phone until I started a homebrew ftp app. I want to test the speed to see if it's significantly faster. Though I have doubts since it's not that fast on my computer.

What settings do you use in es file explorer? I have the pro version.

Thanks!

As you can see, if you using the sd manager from settings, you need to setup a LAN, not FTP. So unless you use the FTP homebrews like FTP turbo, you need to use lan.

Just go to the sd management, and follow the instructions, then go to es file explorer, click network tab and lan, then new and fill in the information on 3ds.
ES File Explorer_20170127_012219.png

Reactions: DrPhant0m

DrPhant0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Got it working in 2 different apps. How is the speed compared to ftp? Any different? I've usually resorted to taking out my sd card and moving large/numerous files manually via sd card reader because I barely scratch 1Mbps wirelessly, even though I have an ac router. This will be good when I have small stuff and no access to a card reader.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Got it working in 2 different apps. How is the speed compared to ftp? Any different? I've usually resorted to taking out my sd card and moving large/numerous files manually via sd card reader because I barely scratch 1Mbps wirelessly, even though I have an ac router. This will be good when I have small stuff and no access to a card reader.

If you were expecting anything over 5MB, you shouldn't, is a 3DS, very underpowered system not to mention is not even a AC wifi but 802.11 B/G 2.4GHZ wifi which is about 10 years old, so speedes that high is very high expectation especially for the system itself. Either way if you are doing lareg files, prepeare for a wait, go out, walk around the house, pick up a order of pizza, chinese food or sandwich, come back and eat it, use the bathroom or whatever, cause is not gonna be that fast. Your best bet is just inserting SD card into the system. I know, nintendo Messed up with the new 3DS system and the sd, not to mention the wifi has to be enabled with the settings quick menu instead of switch like old 3DS, i really think they should maybe thought about these things a bit more.

DrPhant0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
5MB would be about 10x my average speed on a good day… so I'd take it. I know the wifi isn't up to snuff for large/numerous files… but I wanted to get this working to have more transfer options to choose from.

Lyuksus

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Transferring data isn't too specific, and there are many options based on what little i have to work off of. If it's cia files you want to install remotely, there is an android build of socket punch that can send cias over the network or personal hotspot. A link to that can be found here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/aofcnjsgr7wkmty/SocketPunch-android-v0.5-alpha.zip?dl=0. If it's just files you want to transfer, that requires 2 applications for both the android and the 3ds. The 3ds needs ftdp, which you can either download through fbi's tile.db feature, or right here: https://github.com/Favna/FTPDB/releases/download/1.4.1/FTPDB.zip. I'll also put a qr code for it if you just want to scan it with fbi.
.eJwNxUEOgyAQAMC_cIeFXRDw2oc0BAmaqBBYT03_3s5lPuIZp1jFztznCrAdM7exqcltpFpUba2eJfVjqtwuSMwp71e5eQJqdMF4itFFckTWAnpLfnEYyLqA_xFeqfMzyhu18VIbiYtElMZIG1W_q_j-ANX-JrM.BW1s_rZSLXUZnRXAEEXx_8tDIBk
You then need an ftp client on your Android. I'd recommend es file explorer, as it's easy to use and has many features besides just ftp file transfer. You can either search that on Google play or click this link: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop. hope i was of some help. Ask if you have any more questions.
Hey I've downloaded es file and ftdp , what do I have to click on / in es file Explorer? And already a bug thanks for the reply

DrPhant0m

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I've downloaded es file and ftdp , what do I have to click on / in es file Explorer? And already a bug thanks for the reply
If you use ftdp on the 3ds… add a new connection using the displayed ip address and Port as network/FTP in es file explorer or other android ftp client like turbo connect.

If you use settings/microsd management on the 3ds… add a new connection using the displayed device name / username / password as network/SMB in es file explorer. See screenshots a few posts above. Remember to add /microsd to the device name that's displayed on your 3ds.

Reactions: Lyuksus

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: c