United States
Quick details:

System Menu 4.0U
Modchip: Yes
System Menu: No
Health Screen: No
HBC: Yes using Autoboot Disc
BootMii: Yes as Boot2

Months ago my Wii stopped accesing the system menu screen. It would get to the warning screen and then when I pressed A it would display "The system Files are Corrupt" and I would have to unplug the wii and turn it back on. Because I had a modchip I got a Autoboot the HBC disc and used that for access. Looking online people said it was probably a banner brick, however I had not recently installed any bad wads and using AnyTitleDeleter I deleted anything I saw that seemed not vital yet still there was no change. I said fuck it and just used my U Loader for months to play games and missed my virtual console and wiiware, but just this past week I can no longer get to the warning screen. Now when I turn my Wii on it dusplays the System files are Corrupted screen immediately, and all of the words and choppy and missing portions of letters. Using the SaveMiiFrii method with a Gamecube controller I can still access the repair mode and load up the homebrew channel, and I decided to install BootMii as Boot2 in case anything else happens. After some research it seems I may have had a Mail Brick but now it's too late to fix that and I wanted to know if anyone had a solution or some insight to my problem. I do not have a NAND back up and I'm not sure what IOS i have installed but I can check if necessary. Thanks to anyone who can help.

icebrg5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Get into the HBC and the run dop mii or dop ios and see if your missing an ios files. Could be you deleted the system menu ios file and thats why you can't acess anything.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully you can get in through PriiLoader? If you can ever get into HBC, try and re-install the System Menu of your 4.0 Wii, or look for missing/stubbed IOSs. If that doesn't help (It REALLY should fix the problem) just use your BootMii backup.

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4.0 uses IOS 60 v6174 , make sure its there, install it from NUS if it is not. make sure its the right version, later version is stubbed.

Thomas83Lin

Retro Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.thomas83lincodes.com
XP
Country
United States
QUOTE said:
Wii displays the System files are Corrupted screen immediately, and all of the words and choppy and missing portions of letters.
Well if its showing this, than your system menu IOS is defiantly installed. I'm thinking maybe a failed preloader install??? or some sort of banner brick. We'll see what others think. For now though make a nand Backup before you start experimenting.

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm very sorry, I'm going to try things as quickly as possible but I'm not entirely aware of a few things. I'm using DOP Mii to check my IOS, do I use system scan? If so, how can I tell which Ios I have and which I dont, it says I have 24 IOS available for scanning

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
4.0 uses IOS 60 v6174 , make sure its there, install it from NUS if it is not. make sure its the right version, later version is stubbed.

DOP MII says that IOS 60 v6174 fakesign is enabled, everything else is disabled

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, could be a message board thing then.... hold + and - while you're booting to enter maintenance mode, see if it boots like that. (it will disable the wii message board system)

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
ok, could be a message board thing then.... hold + and - while you're booting to enter maintenance mode, see if it boots like that. (it will disable the wii message board system)

I can't get the warning screen anymore, it goes straight to system files are corrupt, unless theres another way to access the maintenance mode?

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it helps, the last thing I did abnormally was play New Super Mario Bros. Wii on a modified disc to load without updating. I'm fairly sure it was NTSC and it plays fine, but maybe I'm wrong?

bwillb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you access everything though the HBC or only certain things? if everything works except the system menu itself, perhaps you could follow one of the sticky guides here to upgrade to 4.2 and resoftmod...

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
bwillb said:
can you access everything though the HBC or only certain things? if everything works except the system menu itself, perhaps you could follow one of the sticky guides here to upgrade to 4.2 and resoftmod...

Absolutely, it seems like everything is accessible, would that work and would it prevent me from accesing the homebrew channel in the future or anything like that? Is this a good idea?

Corygarry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If I could just get confirmation from some people saying updating to 4.2U and resoftmodding is a good idea, that seems doable, unless anyone knows if something could go tragically wrong in that process. I also just made a NAND copy in case anything goes wrong.

ocdetective

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Did you do the modding all yourself or did you buy the wii pre-modded? If pre-modded have you tried pressing and holding reset immediately after pressing the power button to ensure you dont have some form of prii/preloader that you are unaware of.
If its corrupted/missing IOSes then an update will certainly work but not if its a mail brick I believe.

MLRX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ahhhh i remember following the ultimate system 4.1 menu guide and at the last part you install cIOSCORP and then when you press on the corrupt system menu came up right away in choppy letters and mthen you were suppost to hold reset for preloader and goto the HBC to reinstall preloader and that fixed it. obviously this wont work for you but i wonder what the cause of the choppy letter brick is
ohmy.gif

wes11ph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Afghanistan
insert your sd card with bootmii files on it... this way you can go to HBC...
there we can start fixing things...

wii backup disc 1.31
use this to load the wii backup disc

using this disc, backup all your files one by one then delete it all on the wii.
then exit the disc. setup your wii again. then load the disc again and install your files again one by one to know what is the problem.

dronesplitter

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you have bootmii as boot2, I would do a nand restore if you made a backup. Without a backup, there's a method (not sure if it's normally recommended here, but I used it without issue) where you format your nand. Search "Using NAND Formatter" on google and follow the steps, should be the first link. It has you do a backup just in case things don't go so well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Hi hi