Hacking Confused about game updates

thegameksk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Is there a place where I can obtain fake updates? If I find an update online how can I tell if its fake or real?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you. Is there a place where I can obtain fake updates? If I find an update online how can I tell if its fake or real?
I cant link you to piracy.

If you downloa one, grab Lmans PKG viewer (linked in the tools repo first post) and it will tell you.

If you download from sceparty, orbismodding or ps4database they are direct from sony and are NOT fake signed.

Stevo_l33

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So say I have a legit Monster Hunter World disc which I do, install the game, then get the update from one of those sites? Or can it be only the update that goes up to 5.05?

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
where can i get official update v1.01 for the surge ? in the databases the linked official updates are at least v1.12 unfortunately

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Gonna have to hunt for it, or hope someone’s dumped it fpkg.

first i really don´t know where to ask, i am serious, where i asked already no one seems to have that special v.1.01 update. so best route would be to go for official one, install with disc game and then rip the fpkg myself :)
i hope its ok to ask for official update file as its no piracy :) so if there is a possibility to find out that link for sonys server, given they still have it on their servers. i think they still should have all updates, as they also have with pt demo for example, as i know its still available on their server, so good chances for surge v.1.01. or am i totally wrong ? i really just don´t like the idea of farming a week of gaming to wreck things in the surge, i hate farming in every game :D

Last edited by SonGoku78, , Reason: typos

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
@SonGoku78

If latest update is 1.12 and old 5.05 compatible update is 1.01 your going to have to hope someone has archived it. Sony officially won’t.

Sites like ps4database.io archived updates since 5.0x-5.5x was out iirc, so if they have archived them you may find them there.

SonGoku78

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
the latest update v1.13 is 5.05 compatible so the usual database sites have just the latest and the update before which is 1.12...
so i guess i am out of luck then ?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
the latest update v1.13 is 5.05 compatible so the usual database sites have just the latest and the update before which is 1.12...
so i guess i am out of luck then ?

Eh? Well if 1.13 works with 5.05 it’s compatible.

I’m guessing you typod and it’s 5.50 so you need 1.12 which is <5.50, ask around on warez forums.

Update files can’t be shared here either.

Reactions: SonGoku78

JoeyBaggs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can update legit disc with legit updates.

You can update fake pkg games with fake pkgd updates.

You cannot update fake plg games with legit updates.

Just to be perfectly clear (was this stickied? I can't seem to find it in a guide!)

1. If I install a game on my own, that should be playable if there is no mandatory update/additional item that makes the game playable >5.05
  2. I can update with only legit updates
  3. I can only get those legit updates through one of the sites you listed.

I am guessing there's no way to take the thing PS4 online and try to patch it that way since 1) the console will try to update too and 2) updates will just push it to the latest version, which will require a new FW anyway?

KiiWii

Editorial Team
Editorial Team
Trophies
Website
defaultdnb.github.io
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Just to be perfectly clear (was this stickied? I can't seem to find it in a guide!)

1. If I install a game on my own, that should be playable if there is no mandatory update/additional item that makes the game playable >5.05
  2. I can update with only legit updates
  3. I can only get those legit updates through one of the sites you listed.

I am guessing there's no way to take the thing PS4 online and try to patch it that way since 1) the console will try to update too and 2) updates will just push it to the latest version, which will require a new FW anyway?

1, you can install base games of version 1.00 which require 1.76 or lower FW and they work fine, no need to update games, no requirement.

2, is you have the disc or paid for psn title that still loads, you can update with legit updates. Otherwise fake signed games need fake signed updates.

3, As Sony doesn’t archive its older fw compatible patches: yeah you need to use a site that did.

4, no can’t update games without psn access, and they would generally require latest FW to install.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SMG4 @ SMG4: hi