[Confirmed] Mario Maker to be revealed at E3?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Games & Content' started by T-hug, Jun 6, 2014.

1. T-hug
    OP

T-hug Always like this.

pip Chief Editor
    Oct 24, 2002
    England
    mariomaker.jpg
    The above image is supposedly taken from this years E3 Nintendo floor space.​
    As you can see from the first advert panel in the foreground, an image for an unannounced game is being displayed for Mario Maker.
    With no official word coming from Nintendo on the title, we will have to wait until next week to find out the validity of the image!​
    :arrow: Source
    :arrow: NeoGAF Debunk?

Metoroid0 likes this.
  2. Duo8

Duo8 I don't like video games

Jul 16, 2013
  3. Thomas83Lin

Thomas83Lin Retro Gamer

Jul 22, 2009
    United States
    gamefan5 and BortzANATOR like this.
  4. p3rand0r

p3rand0r Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 10, 2014
    Albania
    On the ⌨
    lets just hope you can design your own enemies , if you can , now that would be a killer! :lol:

5. ShawnTRods

ShawnTRods GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 26, 2011
    London
    Mario Maker? Meh...

wiewcw likes this.
  6. Zonark

Zonark Member

Newcomer
    Jul 11, 2010
    United States
    I would also like to post that that is probably an eshop game for the Wii U. Beings its a Wii U display. I dont think nintendo would take 90 minutes to talk about a mario maker game. Just gonna throw this out there Majora's Mask will be announced for 3ds. Thank you Retro Studios!

Schizoanalysis likes this.
  7. Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl ZOMG my posts...it's over 9000!!!

Nov 17, 2008
    Australia
    Queensland
    their too late lunar magic has been out for years :creep:

loco365, matpower, TyBlood13 and 2 others like this.
  8. BORTZ

BORTZ You get a hat, and YOU get a hat!

Supervisor
    GBAtemp Patron
    BORTZ is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 2, 2007
    United States
    Pittsburgh
    Looks shooped but... I can dream :D Id love to play someones remake of Super Mario World in the NSMB engine :D

T Link7 and EZ-Megaman like this.
  9. tecra_a8

tecra_a8 GBAtemp Regular

Mar 10, 2009
    Indonesia
    Owh cmon.. saving the wii u does not mean u must create something dull like this

10. XrosBlader821

XrosBlader821 Digimon Tamer

Feb 1, 2014
    Gambia, The
    creating own mario levels would be neat.
    Kaizo Mario now downloadable on you Super Mario Wii U *Q*

CosmoCortney likes this.
  11. Gahars

Gahars Bakayaro Banzai

Aug 5, 2011
    United States
    New Jersey
    For a title seemingly based around creativity and ingenuity, "Mario Maker" is as dull a title as they come. It sounds like a placeholder that everyone forgot to replace.

12. chop

chop GBAtemp Fan

Apr 14, 2010
    Pontefract
    Official release of Reggie?

13. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    so
    Sony has Little Big Planet
    MS has Project Spark
    Nintendo has Mario Maker (if it true)

14. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    I think and hope that ths is a fake. I don't want to see custom mario levels. Mario platformers alway had great level design. This is the reason why the games are still so successfull. Bad custom levels will damage the franchise. I think Nintendo thinks like me.

15. Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

May 6, 2009
    United States
    The Danger Zone

Unless I'm missing something, the "evidence" is "they reused a hand in another promotional image" and using bits of stock photos is a common practice. Why take another picture of another hand just for this when they already have one?

I'd still take the news with a grain of salt, as with every pre-E3 "leak", but the "professionals" at NeoGAF are not exactly Dick Tracy.

All that side, I guess it could be neat but it sounds like it'd be a side part of a larger Mario game. However if it was like $5 on eShop I'd totally see it being not too bad, provided the user generated levels aren't shit and the suite has enough tools.

Why? It's not like people will say "MARIO IS RUINED A TWELVE YEAR OLD MADE A BAD LEVEL ON A CUSTOM LEVEL EDITOR!" Like they will be bad levels but I'm sure you'll see some good ones. Nice translations of older Mario games, probably some of those "torture" levels that you see online all the time, and it gives people a chance to try something entirely new.

And no, Nintendo doesn't think like you. Ever or at all.

pwsincd, Sicklyboy and gamefan5 like this.
  16. tatripp

tatripp GBAtemp Fan

Mar 15, 2009
    United States
    I have seriously been dreaming of a mario maker for a while. The problem with mario games for me is that they are too easy. Can you imagine being able to download levels like on little big planet? That'll be so awesome. Hopefully if it is real they will make the editor good and very unlike the level editor on Brawl.

17. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    I can't imagine that another New Super Mario Bros. title would sell well, though the engine itself is quite capable of churning out some unique content that we've not even seen in a NSMB game. I think if they released this, and made it as easy to use or easier than the SNMB editors for Windows, then they may have something, especially if one can load and alter graphics from their USB stick.
    Naturally being able to share your creations with other's on-line or via USB stick would be a major bonus. I also hope that this kit is not limited to making only Mario games, or only levels for Mario games, I'd like it if I could create my own next gen Ice Climbers, Balloon Fight, Kid Icarus, or what have you.

18. orcid

orcid GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    Austria
    There is a reason that they didn't release a level generator after the success of little big planet and many rom hacks. Technically it was no problem. Maybe they changed there mind now if this is not a fake.

19. DiscostewSM

DiscostewSM GBAtemp Guru

Feb 10, 2009
    United States
    Sacramento, California

That's what I'm thinking. That particular "hand pose" was also used for Yoshi's Fruit Cart.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Yoshis-Fruit-Cart.jpg

As for hand poses, here is one (different from above) that's used for both NSMBU and Rayman Legends (this also posted in that NeoGAF thread).

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=114957853&postcount=302

But like you said. Grain of salt. E3 is just a few days away.

20. XDel

XDel Author of the Alien Breed Odamex Projekt.

Jul 25, 2012
    United States
    Solaris
    "edit double post"