Gaming [Confirmed] Mario Maker to be revealed at E3?

morphius

The King of the Cosmos
Trophies
Website
pachimod.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I have seriously been dreaming of a mario maker for a while. The problem with mario games for me is that they are too easy. Can you imagine being able to download levels like on little big planet? That'll be so awesome. Hopefully if it is real they will make the editor good and very unlike the level editor on Brawl.

This

Reactions: tatripp

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo were to ever do this, I would hope that it would be in the style of Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World. To do it in the style of the original would be so stupid. Or I'd hope that you could choose the style, 1, 3, or World. I'd understand if 2/USA wasn't an option, though that could be cool too.

Reactions: tatripp

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This has been a game too long in the making I think would've made a sweet 3DS launch title.....

I have been a fan of custom made titles like all the ROM hacks u can find for SMW and NSMB its insane really good stuff hope this is True :)

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
If Nintendo were to ever do this, I would hope that it would be in the style of Super Mario Bros 3 or Super Mario World. To do it in the style of the original would be so stupid. Or I'd hope that you could choose the style, 1, 3, or World. I'd understand if 2/USA wasn't an option, though that could be cool too.

Here's my thinking of it (assuming this is real). It's called Mario Maker, which doesn't necessarily mean it is limited to just one particular Mario platforming game.

Reactions: Psionic Roshambo

3bbb7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would also like to post that that is probably an eshop game for the Wii U. Beings its a Wii U display. I dont think nintendo would take 90 minutes to talk about a mario maker game. Just gonna throw this out there Majora's Mask will be announced for 3ds. Thank you Retro Studios!

confirmed? source?

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Imagine if you could create a MetroidVania Mario Adventure with it.

If Nintendo were to do this and do it right, it would of course have to have a nice and easy touch screen control system, which would not be hard I'd think. Secondly it should have an option, BASIC interface for the technically challenged and less ambitious, and EXPERT which opens up a full catalog of professional tools which Nintendo employs themselves would not grimace to use. That would be innovative I'd think, again coupled with the notion that the engine was flexible enough to create a variety of side scrolling games. Next up would be a SNES style Zelda RPG/Adventure Builder. :)

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It'll allow users to recreate Knack into actually a good game.
Whoa there pal, if true we could see some truly fantastic stuff being made, but don't expect miracles like that! :D

Mario Maker? Another guy that likes all the custom roms, so great idea if true.... BUT, I can see Nintendo making the thing so childishly simple and forcing you to a strict point A - B with it. And quite possibly just SMB1 graphics only - "let's not confuse those western kids that only just know how to turn a console on"
Hopefully I'm wrong!

Also of interest (for my kids, and wifey come to mention it!) is what's behind it in that picture: now there's a title above but the photo's a bit too grainy to make out - is it just the Villager for Smash Bros, or is it Animal Crossing Wii U?

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Looks shooped but... I can dream :D Id love to play someones remake of Super Mario World in the NSMB engine :D

lol

http://nsmbhd.net/thread/637-new-super-mario-advance-2/

It's something.

I thought it would be really awesome for Mario modders like myself to be able to distribute custom Mario levels on the eShop for a cheap price. Nintendo would get half the profit, but the remaining profit transfers to your eShop balance so you can get yourself more gaems.

Alas, a man can dream.

Reactions: WiiCube_2013

naxil

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
allelujaaaaaaaaaaa, level EDITOR!!! i not understand why it not exist on console games at all... on pc games is ages people make own level and own mod!! (think about quake,doom ecc). Nintendo can save the console gaming!!

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
allelujaaaaaaaaaaa, level EDITOR!!! i not understand why it not exist on console games at all... on pc games is ages people make own level and own mod!! (think about quake,doom ecc). Nintendo can save the console gaming!!
It wouldn't be the first game that has an editor. Just look at LittleBigPlanet.

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well we all know that Nintendo is the fount of originality.

Not like they ever took ideas from anyone else.

No sir.

Not ever.

I don't know I seem to recall something about Excite Bike having a level editor or something. :P

Edit: I was joking, but now that I think about it... I am honestly having a hard time coming up with a prior example. Maybe some one else knows of something before that but I can't think of one to save my life. I want to say if there was something prior to that it was on some sort of home PC but hell if I can think of one.

Edit 2: It seems at least possible that in this case Nintendo did invent the level editor? At least in so far as putting it out so a consumer can make there own levels for others or themselves to enjoy. I would say Sony was the first to do it online but StarCraft has Little Big Planet beat by a few years.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also gonna install twilight menu in my r4 flashcard
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    One thing that just occurred to me.... The sound on the 2600 sucked less back then the harsh sound we hear now is from infinitely better speakers we have now, back when the 2600 was new speakers produced a almost muffled sound, like CRTs made old graphics look slightly better.
    I wonder if I could recommend that to some emulation devs that perhaps the sound could use some smoothing out to simulate those old TVs
    I think a few of the early systems could benefit from that, at least up to the 8 bit generation, by the 16 bit generation I think TVs had gotten a lot better in almost every way
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i dont have an sd card adapter but I have an usb sd card adapter
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Old people games
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    its not the one that comes with the r4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    doesnt work (my flashcard is from r4isdhc.com)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    might install ysmenu first
    Try Wood firmware
    For your R4
    It's old but it's the best firmware out for DS stuff
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    it says it only works for the original R4, R4i Gold (r4ids.cn), R4iDSN (r4idsn.com) and Acekard R.P.G.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm it does support mine
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    but why choose it over ysmenu @Psionic Roshambo?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc im stupid?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yea ik im stupid
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    Just give it a try, but honestly if you have a 3DS you can play DS games without a card just off the internal SD card
    Slightly slower loading but a bit more convenient
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, my fuckin headphones have an out of place speaker
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Did you try wearing them?
    B @ btjunior: @Xdqwerty 16