Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
malapo said:
I load the cfg channel, and it freezes at the splash screen until I restart the Wii until it works :/
any solutions?

I'm using the latest I think (v68d)
Try power cycling your hard drive before you start Cfg.

pplucky

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi there.

I think I found a bug in the new Cfg USB Loader gui (v68d): when you change from the Circles theme in Style window, if the attributes gui_text_color_menu and/or gui_text_color_info of the new theme are different from the previous theme, the text colour from the previous theme is kept and is not changed until you close that window and open it again (then you get the colours of the new theme)...

Hope I was clear enough...if not, please let me know.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I just noticed weird thing with regards to covers. Some covers cannot be detected in NTFS drive even if the covers are there e.g. RCAE78 - cars.

I have 2 HDD (NTFS and FAT32) just to see the difference. Both have the same content, cfgv67, covers for RCAE78.

In FAT32, the cover is showing properly while in NTFS it is not.

Maybe this is some sort of a bug in NTFS drive.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
arjaylight said:
I just noticed weird thing with regards to covers. Some covers cannot be detected in NTFS drive even if the covers are there e.g. RCAE78 - cars.

I have 2 HDD (NTFS and FAT32) just to see the difference. Both have the same content, cfgv67, covers for RCAE78.

It could also be related to the capitalisation of the file names. NTFS support is case sensitive and it will probably only look for files with capital letters, and the extension should probably be all lowercase too.

arjaylight

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
arjaylight said:

It could also be related to the capitalisation of the file names. NTFS support is case sensitive and it will probably only look for files with capital letters, and the extension should probably be all lowercase too.

Thanks Dr.Clipper. i never thought that even the file extension is case senstive. This solves the issue.
yaywii.gif

Ryoku83

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
malapo said:
Dr. Clipper said:
malapo said:
I load the cfg channel, and it freezes at the splash screen until I restart the Wii until it works :/
any solutions?

I'm using the latest I think (v68d)
Try power cycling your hard drive before you start Cfg.
I tried unplugging and plugging it back in, it works but then later it still freezes sometimes. Would I need to do this every time I load the wii? >.<
My HDD does the same thing. I need to turn on my hdd before I open CFG. If I try to open CFG before the hdd finishes spinning up the loader freezes at splash screen and I have to restart my wii and then it all works as normal. However I noticed that when I started using the offical CFG Forwarder and loading CFG off of my HDD instead of the SD card CFG stopped freezing at the splash screen when the HDD would spin up and load into CFG as normal.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Does anyone else have an issue with using an external hard drive (externally powered) in the usual usb port on the Wii and a usb hub (unpowered or powered) in the other USB port on the Wii? If I just have the hard drive plugged in to the Wii then everything is fine and CFG works perfectly. If I have my USB hub (tried both with AC adapter power and without) plugged into the other USB port on the Wii then it seems that the hard drive is not detected (or something) and I am just kicked back to the Wii Menu. I tried the latest v68d, all files are on the hard drive (SD card not used), the latest official CFG USB Loader forwarder, and CIOS249 base56 v21d2x3 (and also tried v21d2x4).

I am a long time Wiiflow user (currently r304) with CIOS249 base 56 v21d2x3 but due to the developers going AWOL I decided to give CFG a try. I do not have this issue with being booted back to the Wii Menu with either using the USB hub or without when I am using Wiiflow.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dent said:
Does anyone else have an issue with using an external hard drive (externally powered) in the usual usb port on the Wii and a usb hub (unpowered or powered) in the other USB port on the Wii? If I just have the hard drive plugged in to the Wii then everything is fine and CFG works perfectly. If I have my USB hub (tried both with AC adapter power and without) plugged into the other USB port on the Wii then it seems that the hard drive is not detected (or something) and I am just kicked back to the Wii Menu. I tried the latest v68d, all files are on the hard drive (SD card not used), the latest official CFG USB Loader forwarder, and CIOS249 base56 v21d2x3 (and also tried v21d2x4).

I am a long time Wiiflow user (currently r304) with CIOS249 base 56 v21d2x3 but due to the developers going AWOL I decided to give CFG a try. I do not have this issue with being booted back to the Wii Menu with either using the USB hub or without when I am using Wiiflow.

I have 500GB Powered Western Digital My Book with CFG and all my games on it plugged into slot 0 and an unpowered hub, that has my dongles for my Rock Bank instruments in the other slot Slot 1 and everything is and has always worked fine.

Dent

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sacohen9665 said:
Dent said:

I have 500GB Powered Western Digital My Book with CFG and all my games on it plugged into slot 0 and an unpowered hub, that has my dongles for my Rock Bank instruments in the other slot Slot 1 and everything is and has always worked fine.
Thanks for the reply. Which CIOS do you use?

IlluminiX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently upgraded to v68d and now have the new GUI which is pretty cool...

The one issue I have is before I would click on a game and have it start up right away (confirm_start = 0 in config file) so I never had to click on a Disc image. Now, no matter what I have the new gui box pop up and override that setting, so I have to click on the cover / disc / etc again.

Am I working with the right setting? It's been awhile since I configured all of this the way I like it and many things have changed... Or is there something I am missing or is this just a bug?

Thanks!

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi..i have followed this topic a long time already...
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif
bow.gif

I have seen growing up this aplication...and i am fascinated....

I really don´t know which surprise will be now..after the new gui...But instead i guess this has already been posted...at the end i really don´t know the reason why it´s not possible to download the translations like i do with new versions..themes..etc...

I think it´s the only thing i miss now....

I play all the games i have (154) with cfg loader...the compatibility is almost complete...so i hope this can possible in the future...

P.D.:
If the problem is a page where to download the translations i guess there will be a lot of people ready to help...

Thanks to all the developers to make my cousin (10 years) happy every day playing wii instead of thinking how hard is the life....
rolleyes.gif

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm getting this error and i dont know what to do.

I have this external usb hdd, which, for some reason, it can only be loaded with ios 222-mload and 223-mload, 250 has loaded it as well, but in very raaaaaaaaaaaare ocasions

So, i'm trying to play Black Ops on this usb hdd, i have to load 222-mload to load the usb hdd, then when i try to launch black ops, i set it to run with ios 250, but then this error happens

Error: setting up fragments 0 4 ID mismatch [SC7E52] setwbfs = -3

From what i had read, this is a problem playing games from sdhc cards, (took from this spanish scene page http://wii.scenebeta.com/node/28033) but i'm running it from a usb hdd

What i get is, loading the usb hdd with 222-mload for some reason set it as if it was a sdhc drive, not a usb hdd, and loading the game with 250 causes this problem

I wanna know how can i make the usb hdd being recognized by with ios 250. Its a ADATA SH02 ehdd

kamiro04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
CJLopez said:

I have this external usb hdd, which, for some reason, it can only be loaded with ios 222-mload and 223-mload, 250 has loaded it as well, but in very raaaaaaaaaaaare ocasions

So, i'm trying to play Black Ops on this usb hdd, i have to load 222-mload to load the usb hdd, then when i try to launch black ops, i set it to run with ios 250, but then this error happens

From what i had read, this is a problem playing games from sdhc cards, (took from this spanish scene page http://wii.scenebeta.com/node/28033) but i'm running it from a usb hdd

What i get is, loading the usb hdd with 222-mload for some reason set it as if it was a sdhc drive, not a usb hdd, and loading the game with 250 causes this problem

I wanna know how can i make the usb hdd being recognized by with ios 250. Its a ADATA SH02 ehdd
I had a similar problem when loading cfg with 222 and reloading 250 base 58 to launch some games.
Try installing hermes v5+ base 57 on slot 224 (so you keep your current 222/223/249/250) and use that for black ops.

CJLopez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
kamiro04 said:
CJLopez said:

I had a similar problem when loading cfg with 222 and reloading 250 base 58 to launch some games.
Try installing hermes v5+ base 57 on slot 224 (so you keep your current 222/223/249/250) and use that for black ops.

Pretty sweet!!! it worked!!!! thanks!!!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
IlluminiX said:
I recently upgraded to v68d and now have the new GUI which is pretty cool...

The one issue I have is before I would click on a game and have it start up right away (confirm_start = 0 in config file) so I never had to click on a Disc image. Now, no matter what I have the new gui box pop up and override that setting, so I have to click on the cover / disc / etc again.

Am I working with the right setting? It's been awhile since I configured all of this the way I like it and many things have changed... Or is there something I am missing or is this just a bug?

Thanks!
There is no way to have the GUI Menu and have the single click start as well. If you want the single click start back, use the option gui=2 which disables the GUI Menu.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/shdHKa4iBbE?si=Vnb_FMMV54y2aarW lol Mario give me cancer