Hacking Configurable USB Loader

roastedvegetable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Currently on 57b7 and no matter what I do and how I save the settings I cannot get the default view to startup in coverflow3d. I see it save the settings to coverflow3d but no matter what it starts up in console view. Any suggestions?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
roastedvegetableritz said:
Currently on 57b7 and no matter what I do and how I save the settings I cannot get the default view to startup in coverflow3d. I see it save the settings to coverflow3d but no matter what it starts up in console view. Any suggestions?
Add gui=start to config.txt.

roastedvegetable

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks very much.
smile.gif

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
after upgrading to 57b7, the program now starts in list view whenever i start it. i have to press B first to get the view i wanted.

how can i set it to start again in cover flow mode?
how can i set to start the game immediately after pressing A in the cover?
is it possible to get back in the CFG menu after pressing home in the wiimote so that i can choose another game quickly?

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi Dr. Clipper
I used the Actions menu in Configurator to update both. Very good! I have a last question:

1 - I chose to save the boot.dol in SD/apps/usbloader/boot.dol overwriting the existing boot.dol. Now I have 2 boot.dol files. one with the today date (boot.dol) and the old boot.dol, but with .dol.BAK extension. I must delete this .dol.bak or rename for another name?

Tenx!

-------------------------

Doc, I want to help this wonderful project but in technic area on Wii scene I'm a dumb. I can help with designs or translation. Someone started a translation english/portuguese for the loader or for the configurator? If no, and if people has interested, I can try this. If you want or need, I can help with some designs too, for splashs or everything, if you give me the parameters (images sizes and formats).

Dialexio

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You could delete boot.dol.bak if you wanted to (it's not necessary, but doesn't hurt to do it).

When you load up Configurable USB Loader and update, it renames the old version "boot.dol.bak" and installs the new version.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:
after upgrading to 57b7, the program now starts in list view whenever i start it. i have to press B first to get the view i wanted.

is it possible to get back in the CFG menu after pressing home in the wiimote so that i can choose another game quickly?
You must have accidentally deleted or moved config.txt. Have another look for it and make sure it states gui=start. To start a game immediately, add confirm_start=0 to config.txt. And to set it up so that you return to the loader instead of the Wii Menu, use return_to_channel=XXXX where XXXX is the ID of a Cfg forwarder you have installed. If you don't have a forwarder installed, try this one. The ID of the linked forwarder is DCFG.

anray

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
anray said:
I have using configurable USB Loader now latest - version 57b7-222(games on NTFS partition) and Madworld PAL is not work - black screen after game is started and i'm press A in "nunchuck screen". How to fix it? Later, i'm using neogamma R8 RC15 with WDFS and this game is works without any problems and configuration options
Is your Wii connected with component cables and set to 480p? If so, set video to Force NTSC and Video Patch to All.
Yes, i'm using the 480p with component cable. You solution isn't work. Madworld game id: RZZP8P. And now i'm try to run the Soul Eater Monotone Princess NTSC-J game id is RSEJGD. It's not work too - black screen
frown.gif

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
harmor said:
pedimaisum said:
Tenx Dialexio!
I tried to ignore it but it's bugging me.

It's "Thanks" not "Tenx".

Sorry about that, harmor. I know "thanks" is correct.
It's just a kind of shorthand we use around here
wink.gif
Like "plis" for "please" ... I write on impulse.
I'll take more care, I promise. Do not bother please
smile.gif

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
pedimaisum said:
harmor said:
pedimaisum said:
Tenx Dialexio!
I tried to ignore it but it's bugging me.

It's "Thanks" not "Tenx".

Sorry about that, harmor. I know "thanks" is correct.
It's just a kind of shorthand we use around here
wink.gif
Like "plis" for "please" ... I write on impulse.
I'll take more care, I promise. Do not bother please
smile.gif

Tenx for understanding and Plis don't ever do that again
biggrin.gif

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
anray said:
Yes, i'm using the 480p with component cable. You solution isn't work. Madworld game id: RZZP8P. And now i'm try to run the Soul Eater Monotone Princess NTSC-J game id is RSEJGD. It's not work too - black screen
frown.gif
So you set Video to Force NTSC and Video Patch to All and it doesn't work, yet Neogamma plays it fine? Can you tell whether Neogamma is forcing 480p or not (the TV should be able to report whether the signal is interlaced or progressive)?

As for the Japanese game, try forcing the language to Japanese, and try different combinations of the VIDTV and Country Patch options.

stingray1059

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
stingray1059 said:

You must have accidentally deleted or moved config.txt. Have another look for it and make sure it states gui=start. To start a game immediately, add confirm_start=0 to config.txt. And to set it up so that you return to the loader instead of the Wii Menu, use return_to_channel=XXXX where XXXX is the ID of a Cfg forwarder you have installed. If you don't have a forwarder installed, try this one. The ID of the linked forwarder is DCFG.

after applying what you replied, my problem now is that the themes are no longer detected.. if i download a theme via wifi, it says "directory cannot be created" and "theme preview error" but my old themes are till on my SD card.

hocuspocus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well i got a fresh hdd 32kB clusters in ntfs format, made a wbfs folder in the root. and everytime in start config. usbloader it just hangs on the v56/249[frag] boot up screen! can anyone help me here?

If this has already been answered someone please add it to the faq! Im running cul from homebrew channel. if you need anymore info just let me know.

hdd = 640gB wd if that makes a difference.

pedimaisum

Trophies
Website
blogs.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Brazil
stingray1059 said:
Dr. Clipper said:
stingray1059 said:

after applying what you replied, my problem now is that the themes are no longer detected.. if i download a theme via wifi, it says "directory cannot be created" and "theme preview error" but my old themes are till on my SD card.

When I had a similar problem of "failed to create directory" (some time ago, I can not remember now which function / app was) the problem was that the files / folders
were with permission set to "read only". For some reason my PC had done automatically this configuration in files on the last save I make.

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
hocuspocus said:
well i got a fresh hdd 32kB clusters in ntfs format, made a wbfs folder in the root. and everytime in start config. usbloader it just hangs on the v56/249[frag] boot up screen! can anyone help me here?

If this has already been answered someone please add it to the faq! Im running cul from homebrew channel. if you need anymore info just let me know.

Samsung HDD portable S2?

Bloodlust

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I created a thread but nobody seems to reply.

Does MPT D9 work with alt dol at all? I am using hermes v5 & no matter which episode I select it kicks me out to the system menu when trying to load. Using FAT32, v57b6

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
stingray1059 said:
You put the config.txt in the wrong location. If your themes directory is at sd:/usb-loader/themes, then config.txt should be at sd:/usb-loader/config.txt. If your themes directory is elsewhere, then try putting config.txt there instead. Alternatively, copy the themes directory over to the directory where you put config.txt as that is the directory it cannot create.

hocuspocus said:

Do you have IOS249 rev 19 installed? If not, upgrade to it.

QUOTE(Bloodlust @ Jun 18 2010, 03:08 PM)
I created a thread but nobody seems to reply.

Does MPT D9 work with alt dol at all? I am using hermes v5 & no matter which episode I select it kicks me out to the system menu when trying to load. Using FAT32, v57b6
Don't use v5, use v4. Also, make sure you have set the alt dol option for the game. The best value to set it to is Disc (Ask) as that way it will just ask you which episode to run. It also helps to install the .wdm files so that you can use the alt dol disc plus method.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT