Hacking Configurable USB Loader

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Monster Hunter 3 works for me on using 222 (and I have no idea why)

but the first video after starting a new game freezes in exactly the same spot every time. I can just skip the video, but does this happen to anyone else? It's right when the rumbling starts and the chief's son and a cat look up it goes into an infinite loop then a freeze if I turn it off. Game works fine so far though. Same thing happens if I go back and watch that video in the Gallery.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Gadji said:
I have a little problem, to play MH3, I install IOS 222 and IOS 233, however, when I start Config USB Loader with IOS 222 (if I add the line in the config file, or use 57-222.dol), the backup launcher don't detect the WBFS partition on my SDHC card.
Can you help me.
thX
SDHC cards and IOS222 are incompatible within Cfg. Do you have a USB-based SD card reader? If so, plug it into the USB port and treat it as a USB drive instead.

touchdown

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

the new "return_to_channel" option and I set it to the cfg forwarder.
This helps to return to the game quickly; sadly most games do not offer a "load" function, so the only way to load a savegame is to reset the game and that resets the entire Wii from within cfg.
Would it be possible to at a autostart option to the loader? If enabled it should autostart the last game if this had been ended using the return_to_loader option.
If that's not possible what about a autostart of the last game played that is always performed, unless you press a certain button during loader startup to prevent the autostart?

Gadji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
No I d'ont have USB-based SD Card reader, I will try to have it.
Thx for your answer.
PS : Can Uloader read SDHC ? because he only detect my SD card

IxthusTiger

Cruddy's Buddy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IxthusTiger said:
Monster Hunter 3 works for me on using 222 (and I have no idea why)

but the first video after starting a new game freezes in exactly the same spot every time. I can just skip the video, but does this happen to anyone else? It's right when the rumbling starts and the chief's son and a cat look up it goes into an infinite loop then a freeze if I turn it off. Game works fine so far though. Same thing happens if I go back and watch that video in the Gallery.

Fixed it. I think I had unnecessarily split the wbfs file. Works a treat now.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
touchdown said:
Hi,

the new "return_to_channel" option and I set it to the cfg forwarder.
This helps to return to the game quickly; sadly most games do not offer a "load" function, so the only way to load a savegame is to reset the game and that resets the entire Wii from within cfg.
Would it be possible to at a autostart option to the loader? If enabled it should autostart the last game if this had been ended using the return_to_loader option.
If that's not possible what about a autostart of the last game played that is always performed, unless you press a certain button during loader startup to prevent the autostart?
This would need support from the forwarder creators. If any of them are interested in adding command line options to their forwarders (the best way would be to read a text file with the options inside it, I guess), then we will likely add an option for something like this.

I guess you could use CRAP channels that automatically return to themselves by adding the return_to_loader option into them (if you can do that, I really don't know too much about CRAP).

Alternatively, I guess you could use the "sort = play_date-desc" (or perhaps ascending) to ensure the loader has your most recently played game at the top when starting.

Gadji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I will try an other solution :
Format my SDHC to Fat32, convert MH3 iso to ciso, and run the ciso with µloader with IOS 222/223.
If it doesn't work, I will buy a 4Gb USB device ^^'

9th_Sage

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
icyrainz said:
I wish that you could implement the feature to display the waiting-to-load screen just like in the Wii Disc Channel after choosing a game in CFG. That would be awesome !!
What do you mean? If you mean the game's banner itself, then that's easier said than done.

kyle007

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i agree with 9th_Sage, the only way i could think of would be to have the user do this or an option in the program to extract the opening.bnr i guess xD i don't know how easy the playback of said file would be though, probably pretty hard. I thought we already used one part of the banner, or am i completely off base? i thought that usb loaders used the sound.bin from the opening.bnr (to have the channel music when you click on a game)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Getting the data from the banner is easy and is already done for two things actually: the banner sound and the correct title to place onto the Wii Message Board when play logging is switched on.

The trouble with the banner animations is actually parsing that data into an animation. The algorithms are not well described and nobody has created efficient players for them on the Wii (well, except Nintendo which obviously has an efficient player built into the menu).

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just switched to Configurable, and I had a minor issue. I want to use the 2D cover style (I just don't like the way 3D looks), but I've failed in all attempts to do so. I set cover_style = standard in my config.txt, as well as the theme.txt for all the themes I might want to use, but it still ends up using 3D covers. Can anyone help? Thanks.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
raptir said:
I just switched to Configurable, and I had a minor issue. I want to use the 2D cover style (I just don't like the way 3D looks), but I've failed in all attempts to do so. I set cover_style = standard in my config.txt, as well as the theme.txt for all the themes I might want to use, but it still ends up using 3D covers. Can anyone help? Thanks.
Are you talking about the GUI or console view? If the GUI, then only the grid, flow and flow-z styles support the cover_style option. The coverflow GUI modes use full 3D models and can't be made flat (well, coverflow2d does make them flat). To switch GUI modes, push D-pad down. You can save the default gui style you want at startup into settings.cfg via saving the global settings, or use the gui_style option in config.txt (removing it from settings.cfg if you want to configure via config.txt).

If you are talking about the console view or gridflow modes, then I don't know what's wrong. Are you sure you are editing the correct files? Try setting a different option that will definitely be obvious if you change it, like putting cursor = "OK" or something.

QUOTE(Pippin666 @ Apr 20 2010, 10:27 AM) What if those video were converted to thp ??

Pip'
I don't know if there is a video codec for that, but there's not much point unless you can convert them to thp using the Wii alone.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
If you are talking about the console view or gridflow modes, then I don't know what's wrong. Are you sure you are editing the correct files? Try setting a different option that will definitely be obvious if you change it, like putting cursor = "OK" or something.

Well, thanks, this helped me figure it out. I'm not sure why, but using the Configurator that came with the app was making it write a few values twice in the config.txt, so I was only editing the first instance of "cover style". I'm guessing I was using it wrong.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
raptir said:
Dr. Clipper said:

Well, thanks, this helped me figure it out. I'm not sure why, but using the Configurator that came with the app was making it write a few values twice in the config.txt, so I was only editing the first instance of "cover style". I'm guessing I was using it wrong.
My guess is that you were setting both the override options and the theme options and then doing a Save All into config.txt. That's the only case where it will duplicate, I think. I guess I might add a check to ensure you aren't using both versions of those options in future.

raptir

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I take it that was my problem then? I was hitting "Generate config.txt with All Options" instead of just Global Options.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Dr. Clipper said:
WiiPower said:
Did you add the stub detection yet?

NeoGamma is now also able to identify which base IOS was used for cIOSrev18 + 19.
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=219243
(see tools.c)
I think we already had the base detection. Stub detection will probably go into the next version, although we're all a little busy at the moment.

Oh ok. How's your base detection working? There are better methods than the one i used(hash of the tmd).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_9PnFJMnYT0