Hacking Configurable USB Loader

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
when will you add support for Gecko OS 1.9.x (aka Ocarina 2)? some new games require the new version and also hook type should be a option in the new release, some games need it so the cheats work.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
jalaneme said:
when will you add support for Gecko OS 1.9.x (aka Ocarina 2)? some new games require the new version and also hook type should be a option in the new release, some games need it so the cheats work.

This has already happened, v54(the latest cfg) has "ocarina 2" support and supports hook types.

It would help if you had read just the last few pages of this thread before asking this question, because if you had done so, you would not of needed to ask the question.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
cfg v54b2 (beta2)
cfg54b2.dol
cfg54b2-fat.dol
lang54b2.zip
(or online update)
Changes:

cfg v54b2 (beta2)

* Separate ocarina and hooktype options:
ocarina = [0], 1
hooktype = nohooks, [vbi], wiipad, gcpad, gxdraw, gxflush, ossleep, axframe
* Print a warning if ocarina/wiird enabled but hooks can't be set
* Print "Loading..." translation before freeing unifont

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pepxl said:
nikeymikey said:
Is there a way to have seperate folders for the cheat .txt files and the .gct files?

there already is

txtcodes = .txt's
code = .gct's

Mine all seem to be in the codes folder, and its not in the root of my SD either. Its in the usb_loader folder which is in the root. Gets kinda confusing when try to browse through it!

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello guys, I have problems getting a FAT partition to work.

I've installed the Hermes cios 222 v4, tried with ios38 and ios38 merged with 37.

I've used the fat version from CFG USB Loader v53. However when I start the app, seems it tries to mount my SD card or something (it shows FAT32 mount: SD at the top of the screen). It starts counting trying to mount the drive but without success. I've checked the cfg file and the default device is usb (device = usb).

Now, when I try the normal version (CFG USB Loader v53) defaulting to a WBFS partition, it detects that I have the wrong (invalid) partition and prompts me to choose the FAT1 one. After I do it, it detects the game I've installed correctly. However, when I try to launch it, it freezes at the following msg:
"base: ios 38 mload v4.."
and the game doesn't boot at all.

If I try to add "partition=FAT1" and "ios=222-mload" to the cfg and run the normal version, it does the same as the fat version. As stated, the default loader options detects the fat partition and installed games after I choose it manually (but the game doesn't run).

The USB device works fine if using a WBFS partition.

Any ideas what could be wrong? (if you need more info just tell me).

Thanks.

pepxl

GFX W!Z4RD
Trophies
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
pepxl said:
nikeymikey said:
Is there a way to have seperate folders for the cheat .txt files and the .gct files?

there already is

txtcodes = .txt's
code = .gct's

Mine all seem to be in the codes folder, and its not in the root of my SD either. Its in the usb_loader folder which is in the root. Gets kinda confusing when try to browse through it!

i think that CFG's default read and save location when using the ocarina manager, i use a different loader/hbc app to create the .gct as the other loader read and save the files to txtcodes for .txt's and code for .gct's, maybe oggzee will default this to the same folder for ease of use if you ask nicely

bert02

Trophies
XP
Country
mjfisher said:
wiiuser2 said:
@mjfisher: happy to test your .dol (but will not be able to do so till Sunday evening)

Go for it....

http://www.zshare.net/download/73001174a18cb56b/

Mick.

mjfisher said:
QUOTE(bert02 @ Feb 25 2010, 08:43 PM)
@mjfisher
whats the directory the loader has to be in...

I never got around to testing it with sd, but for usb works okay. The paths I had for both though are:

SD:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol
SD:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol
USB:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.dol

I'm personally using USB:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol

Note it may appear to take a bit longer than the USB Loader GX version because it doesn't display the logo - just has the black screen until the cfg usb loader screen appears.

Because these are "standard" paths for cfg usb loader you'll be able to auto update through the wii as well.

just a note if u have usbloader_gx it will pick that 1 up first so rename that to something else
other than that works a dream no more screen dumps exiting certain games

rumsey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FenrirWolf said:
Optron said:
hmmm freez in cios rev18?
Rev18 has a number of differences from earlier revs, meaning that the loaders will have to be updated to work with it.

Yeah.... and yet, GX loader just "works" with it
smile.gif

Justin121994

Bitcoin. coinbase.com/andrew
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TyRaNtM said:
I will update the Spanish version, when the Chile's earthquake tragedy is over..
Hope that all spanish persons that download my translate, understand..
That sucks did anything like happen to you? How was the earthquake.. and why of all are you on GBAtemp when that is going on..
rolleyes.gif

TyRaNtM

I did some projects..
Trophies
Website
www.power-ups.net
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Justin121994 said:
TyRaNtM said:
I will update the Spanish version, when the Chile's earthquake tragedy is over..
Hope that all spanish persons that download my translate, understand..
That sucks did anything like happen to you? How was the earthquake.. and why of all are you on GBAtemp when that is going on..
rolleyes.gif

Here we had a 8 magnitud quake (in Santiago), we have a very bad night, and now in the night, we are in warning about more quakes.
Nothing happened to me and my family, the same with a lot of families, but the fear is very high.
We are in internet trying to calm spending some time in websites and forums.

Sorry for the off-topic.
frown.gif

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
nikeymikey said:
jalaneme said:

This has already happened, v54(the latest cfg) has "ocarina 2" support and supports hook types.

It would help if you had read just the last few pages of this thread before asking this question, because if you had done so, you would not of needed to ask the question.

ok, no need to bite my head off, i didn't see the last pages, will download the beta.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I turned on the write_playlog option on one of my games to see what it does exactly. but I can't see anything.

Where is the log stored?

Is it something that shows up in the loader, like "Wii Sports Resort last played 2/27/10 @9:30PM or what?

Thanks

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
I turned on the write_playlog option on one of my games to see what it does exactly. but I can't see anything.

Where is the log stored?

Is it something that shows up in the loader, like "Wii Sports Resort last played 2/27/10 @9:30PM or what?

Thanks
It shows up on the Wii Message Board.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
It shows up on the Wii Message Board.

Thanks Dr. I see it now.

It doesn't really suite the way we play around here, we never go to the system menu, I have Preloader set to launch CFG USB Loader on start up and re-boot, but i can see how it is usefull to some.

That's what make this program so great is that you can customize it to suite your needs.

Any possibility of having the play log stats show up on the game settings screen with in the loader, like "Wii Sports Resort last played 2/27/10 @9:30PM for 2hrs, 15 min"?

Thanks for the great work guys.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu