Hacking Configurable USB Loader

WAIKIKI728

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Burton said:
The cfg Loader Team is AWESOME!!!! Their dedication and time toward us is greatly appreciated!!! Even if we post noob requests etc. they are always willing to help.

+10000

Thabks a lot!!!
yaywii.gif

r3dcat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
r3dcat said:
I have come across what looks like a strange bug ... I am using cfg 51, WBFS partition, no titles.txt file, 4.0E; cIOS 249 v17

When I try adding these SingItStar titles as favorites through the menu I keep getting an error msg and cfg refuses to add them but when I go into the config txt file and manual edit the file to add these titles cfg accepts and shows them as favorites ... Why is it failing to add these titles as favorites through the menu ???

S02PES : SingItStar 90's
SP9P4Q : SingItStar Pop 2009
SBVG3Q : SingItStar BoyBands Vs GirlBands

Can anyone else confirm this bug / behavior ???
How many favorites do you have in that profile?

100+ ... GUI is only listing 100 but after manual config txt file edit I am pretty sure the real number is now over 100 ... is there a limit of 100 per favorites profile ??? and if so why limit it to 100 ???

Edit: Just looked at this more closely and it looks like there is a restriction/limit of 100 for favorites per profile! ... Is there any way I can change this???

I use a "Kids" favorites profile to easily switch from a filtered kids titles view of my collection to all titles view ... I also get cfg to boot with kids titles (favorites) active ... this makes it easier for the kids and also easy for me to be able to switch views between kids titles and all titles when I want to access all titles!

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
r3dcat said:
100+ ... GUI is only listing 100 but after manual config txt file edit I am pretty sure the real number is now over 100 ... is there a limit of 100 per favorites profile ??? and if so why limit it to 100 ???
There is an in-loader limit, partly because of memory restrictions, but mostly because it's just plain silly to have that many games marked as favorites.

Also, I think you'll find you still only have 100 favorites. The loader is only set up to read 100 from the setting files. You probably put your new ones at the start of the list, which means the ones at the end will be ignored.

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am on 52b4. I have a single USB NTFS HDD with the settings:

fat_install_dir = 2

When I tried install a game from DVD, it say

[+] Opening DVD disc... OK!

[+] NTFS1: 0.0GB free of 465.8 GB

[+] ERROR: not enough free space!!

Press 1 button to dump BCA
Press B button to go back.

My questions are:
1. I am sure I have around 390GB free on the drive. Is there any way to fix this?
2. What is BCA?

Thanks a ton to Cfg Usb Loader team and contributors. This is an awesome soft. Now that I also use music settings to listen to the music while selecting the games.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
beemisc said:
1. I am sure I have around 390GB free on the drive. Is there any way to fix this?
2. What is BCA?
1. As nitrostemp said, NTFS is read-only in Cfg for now. Once the recent fixes are proven stable, then NTFS write will be added.
2. BCA is the thing needed to get NSMB Wii going (which is also automatically patched if you don't change the disable_nsmb_patch option). If any future game uses the same protection measure that NSMB Wii did, then installing this patch (which is only available on original discs) when or after installing the game will get it working.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
ChaosEnergy said:
QUOTE said:
1. As nitrostemp said, NTFS is read-only in Cfg for now. Once the recent fixes are proven stable, then NTFS write will be added.
How can it be proven, if it is not available as testing version
How can what be proven? It's being tested in GX. One of the guys doing a lot of that testing hangs out in Cfg's IRC, so we do get updates on how it's progressing.

PsyBlade

Snake Charmer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
tj_cool said:
nitrostemp said:
so its possible to add/remove with usbloader gx?
Yes, but its HIGHLY unstable and seems to have corrupted some HDDs already

I think you make it sound much worse than it is.
What you imho wanted to say is: it corupted the data (files, filesystem) not the drive itself (which is possible, but yet to be seen on wii)

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm using CFG v52xb2 and installed hermes v5. IOS222 as 38, IOS223 as 37. All worked well, GH5, Band Hero booted, I use IOS249 rev17 to boot the loader. Then, I wanted to check out the IOS57 base and installed IOS223 as 57, that's when problems started. CFG would then hang at the 223 mload. So, I tried reinstalling IOS223 as 37, and that doesn't work, still hanging at the IOS223 mload. It seems that the hermes installer doesn't overwrite its own previous install. I would have used any title deleter but that don't work, something I have to fix. So, then I installed hermes v4 IOS223 as 38 merged with 37, then reinstalled Hermes v5 IOS223 as 37, still not working. Other games that use IOS249 to boot work fine, I'm off to fix my any title deleter, and reinstall hermes v4.

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SickPuppy said:
I'm using CFG v52xb2 and installed hermes v5. IOS222 as 38, IOS223 as 37. All worked well, GH5, Band Hero booted, I use IOS249 rev17 to boot the loader. Then, I wanted to check out the IOS57 base and installed IOS223 as 57, that's when problems started. CFG would then hang at the 223 mload. So, I tried reinstalling IOS223 as 37, and that doesn't work, still hanging at the IOS223 mload. It seems that the hermes installer doesn't overwrite its own previous install. I would have used any title deleter but that don't work, something I have to fix. So, then I installed hermes v4 IOS223 as 38 merged with 37, then reinstalled Hermes v5 IOS223 as 37, still not working. Other games that use IOS249 to boot work fine, I'm off to fix my any title deleter, and reinstall hermes v4.

afaik, hermes v5 isn't compatible with cfgloader

tHciNc

Total Random
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Hi, I have a hang issue with52b4, getting covers, when i goto get all missing covers it hangs on url#2 on first unfound cover every time

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
tHciNc said:
Hi, I have a hang issue with52b4, getting covers, when i goto get all missing covers it hangs on url#2 on first unfound cover every time
Are you sure it's hanging? It can take up to a minute to download full covers sometimes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I stopped believing or caring about that dude when I found out about some of the more questionable nonsense he did in his life.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like what? I didn't know or hear.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +1
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on...