Hacking Configurable USB Loader

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
fluffykiwi said:
The program seemed to work well for a short time, but following a cover update, got a message bad adaptive filter and now the program crashes while initialising the covers.

I have deleted all cover files and the coverflow worked again, but once the covers were downloaded it is staight back to a flash of green stripe and then resetting the Wii.

Anybody got an idea how to fix this?

Maybe a bad cover on the cover site? I'd love if someone could provide a "bad" cover (or even a zip of all your covers), but nobody has been able to do that.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bd3319 said:
oggzee said:
bd3319 said:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but after i updated to 52b3, my game listing in usb loader only shows the first 3 letters of every game. i don't use wiitdb. i use my folder names for names. here is my config file. i went back to 52b2 and all works fine again. any suggestions?

device = usb
gui = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
cursor_jump = 21
disable_format = 1
db_ignore_titles = 1
I tried but I can't reproduce your problem.
Without titles.txt and with db_ignore_titles = 1 I get folder names for titles as expected.
Can you give more details:
- FAT or NTFS? (i tried both and work for me)
- Which filename layout do you use? ID_Title or Title [ID]?
Can you make a screenshot?
And also a screenshot of how it looks in windows explorer or in WiiXplorer
I did make a screenshot. can i send it email. couldn't figure out how to post it in the message. i'm using ntfs partion with title [id]. does it matter which config file i use. the one i showed you is from usb-loader not apps\USBLoader. i'll try it and post back.
I tried adding db_ignore_titles = 1 to config file in apps\USBLoader but it made no difference.

superloafer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I put write_playlog = 1 into my config.txt, but the games are not showing up in my wii message board, just cfg_loader.
I have priiloader installed but it boots to the system menu first. Anyone else having issues with this?

Mickrox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has probably been answered several times but I will be honest I didn't want to read through 500+ pages...so I am sorry ahead of time.

So my problem is that when I choose the option to open up my game the whole loader just freezes up after I select "Start game"

This is what it says as it hangs up:

"Booting Wii game, please wait...

Switching to IOS222 for FAT support.
IOS(222) mload ..[NTFS]..."

I am using a softmodded Wii v.4.1, Conf. Usb Loader v.52b3, waninkoko's 249, and hermes 222 and 223, and a Lacie 250GB NTFS

Thanks in advance!

Darlenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wiixale said:
Darlenix said:
It didn't work, reinstalling the cIOS 222 and all t.t

Damn', I can't figure out what it is.

Can you run backups using another loader (even from DVD es NeoGamma)?

P.S. thanks, team, for the update: button remapping is very useful.
wink.gif

Actually, NeoGamma worked with the USB option, though, the games look a lil bit darker than they should. I still want to use CFG USB Loader though =>

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bd3319 said:
I did make a screenshot. can i send it email. couldn't figure out how to post it in the message. i'm using ntfs partion with title [id]. does it matter which config file i use. the one i showed you is from usb-loader not apps\USBLoader. i'll try it and post back.
Put it up on tinypic or photobucket and post the link here. Make sure you show us what the directory names look like too. It uses both config.txt files and will use titles.txt files from either location as well.

superloafer said:
I put write_playlog = 1 into my config.txt, but the games are not showing up in my wii message board, just cfg_loader.
I have priiloader installed but it boots to the system menu first. Anyone else having issues with this?
How are you quitting your games? Try doing it with the Wii Menu option. Also, make sure you spelled the option name correctly.

QUOTE(Mickrox @ Feb 10 2010, 11:39 AM)
I know this has probably been answered several times but I will be honest I didn't want to read through 500+ pages...so I am sorry ahead of time.

So my problem is that when I choose the option to open up my game the whole loader just freezes up after I select "Start game"

This is what it says as it hangs up:

"Booting Wii game, please wait...

Switching to IOS222 for FAT support.
IOS(222) mload ..[NTFS]..."

I am using a softmodded Wii v.4.1, Conf. Usb Loader v.52b3, waninkoko's 249, and hermes 222 and 223, and a Lacie 250GB NTFS

Thanks in advance!
Edit: my original answer was for another question. In your case, do you happen to be using IOS222/223 v5? Cfg doesn't support it. Install v4. Follow the instructions here to do so.

Mickrox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for such a quick reply! I just installed IOS222/223 v4 just in case but I still have the same problem...just so you know I followed those instructions to the letter and used the same merges.

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bd3319 said:
bd3319 said:
oggzee said:
bd3319 said:
I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong but after i updated to 52b3, my game listing in usb loader only shows the first 3 letters of every game. i don't use wiitdb. i use my folder names for names. here is my config file. i went back to 52b2 and all works fine again. any suggestions?

device = usb
gui = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
cursor_jump = 21
disable_format = 1
db_ignore_titles = 1
I tried but I can't reproduce your problem.
Without titles.txt and with db_ignore_titles = 1 I get folder names for titles as expected.
Can you give more details:
- FAT or NTFS? (i tried both and work for me)
- Which filename layout do you use? ID_Title or Title [ID]?
Can you make a screenshot?
And also a screenshot of how it looks in windows explorer or in WiiXplorer
I tried adding db_ignore_titles = 1 to config file in apps\USBLoader but it made no difference.
Ok here is the screen from wii...
screenshot1.png

screenshot of explorer
SNAG-0001.jpg

this in config file in apps\USBLoader
theme = GAF
device = usb
gui = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
db_ignore_titles = 1

This is the one from usb-loader
device = usb
gui = 1
gui_style = coverflow3d
cursor_jump = 21
disable_format = 1
db_ignore_titles = 1
covers_path = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_2d = usb:/usb-loader/covers
covers_path_3d = usb:/usb-loader/covers/3d
covers_path_disc = usb:/usb-loader/covers/disc
covers_path_full = usb:/usb-loader/covers/full

And thanks for all your help. Oh and i have neither wiitdb.zip or titles.txt in either directory

OK. using the wii i downloaded titles.txt. after that i got my game names back. But it still will not read my Folder names like it was before. Now it's reading titles.txt. If you can figure out how to go back to reading my folder names i would really appreciate it. Again. thanks for your help.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
bd3319 said:
And thanks for all your help. Oh and i have neither wiitdb.zip or titles.txt in either directory
Wow, that's weird.

Can you please post your theme.txt as well? It will be in /usb-loader/themes/GAF/theme.txt.

Can you please try some more tests to narrow down the problem:

1: What if you have titles.txt present... do the games work?
2: Can you remove the db_ignore_titles line from both config.txt files and see if the titles then work?

Edit: I see you already answered my first question, but I have a few more:

Without titles.txt present, how do the titles look when in the GUI and the menu screens (e.g., options)?

superloafer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
superloafer said:
How are you quitting your games? Try doing it with the Wii Menu option. Also, make sure you spelled the option name correctly.

I always quit by home, wii menu. The option to update the log was put in by the configurator for windows.Then I transferred to config.txt to the usb via ftpii. I have a newer wii that can't install bootmi as boot2. My priiloader boots to system menu. running 4.2u with wannin v17 and hermes v4 cios

bd3319

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dr. Clipper said:
bd3319 said:
Wow, that's weird.

Can you please post your theme.txt as well? It will be in /usb-loader/themes/GAF/theme.txt.

Can you please try some more tests to narrow down the problem:

1: What if you have titles.txt present... do the games work?
2: Can you remove the db_ignore_titles line from both config.txt files and see if the titles then work?

Edit: I see you already answered my first question, but I have a few more:

Without titles.txt present, how do the titles look when in the GUI and the menu screens (e.g., options)?
I tried deleting the titles.txt file again and put on wiitdb.zip. i get the same results with db_ignore_titles = 1 installed or not. If i delete the wiitdb.zip.... i get the same first 3 letters again. Can't figure out yet how to get it to just read my files... well folders. like i said before, 52b2 worked perfect as with the earlier versions. i'll keep messing with it. here is my theme.txt

background = backgroundGAF.png
wbackground = backgroundGAF_wide.png
layout = large3
covers = 1
cover_style = 3d
console_transparent = 1

I just tried deleting wiitdb.zip and titles.txt and db_ignore_titles = 1. I'm back to the 3 letters deal again.

Titles in GUI and in options are still first 3 letters.

I also just tried using db_ignore_titles = 1 with witdb.zip and titles.txt installed. the games do show but still not my folders. db_ignore_titles = 1 isn't doing anything at all.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Mickrox said:
Anymore suggestions Dr Clipper?
Try adding ios=222-mload to config.txt or use the -fat version of Cfg.

If that doesn't work, then use AnyTitle Deleter Mod to delete your IOS222 and IOS223 and install again afterwards (possibly they are stubbed?).

superloafer said:
I always quit by home, wii menu. The option to update the log was put in by the configurator for windows.Then I transferred to config.txt to the usb via ftpii. I have a newer wii that can't install bootmi as boot2. My priiloader boots to system menu. running 4.2u with wannin v17 and hermes v4 cios
Hmm. Do you have any hacks that skip the warning message or affect the Wii Menu in any other way? Are you able to completely disable Priiloader temporarily, maybe? I don't have it on my system to check.

Also, silly question, but you are on 52b2 or 52b3 of Cfg, right?

QUOTE(bd3319 @ Feb 10 2010, 01:40 PM)
I tried deleting the titles.txt file again and put on wiitdb.zip. i get the same results with db_ignore_titles = 1 installed or not. If i delete the wiitdb.zip.... i get the same first 3 letters again. Can't figure out yet how to get it to just read my files... well folders. like i said before, 52b2 worked perfect as with the earlier versions. i'll keep messing with it. here is my theme.txt

background = backgroundGAF.png
wbackground = backgroundGAF_wide.png
layout = large3
covers = 1
cover_style = 3d
console_transparent = 1

I just tried deleting wiitdb.zip and titles.txt and db_ignore_titles = 1. I'm back to the 3 letters deal again.

Titles in GUI and in options are still first 3 letters.
My guess is that oggzee may have accidentally messed up naming of games from titles when he added the new ISO naming style. It might be best to wait until he wakes up to see whether he knows what causes it.

Mickrox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Adding ios=222-mload to config.txt worked like a charm...thank you so much! You're the best!

Posts merged

Adding ios=222-mload to config.txt worked like a charm...thank you so much! You're the best!

SaintSeiya

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
@oggzee

I tried to use Configurable USB Loader with my 320gb hd without success. It has 4096 sectors size and it's seems to be the problem.
I selected IOS249 in the config file but I always get ''Exception (ISI) occurred!''.
I tried with a pendrive instead and it worked.

P.s. The same hd works perfectly with NeoGamma and cIOS38 rev17.

P.s.2 More info at: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=207768

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
usptactical said:
Maybe a bad cover on the cover site? I'd love if someone could provide a "bad" cover (or even a zip of all your covers), but nobody has been able to do that.

I'd normally be happy to provide a zip of my covers, but I have already fixed the problem by copying the full covers from my own Wii.

It was definitely a bad cover though as deleting the covers let the loader work, but then downloading all covers once more caused the exact same problem. Hence me using covers I had already downloaded.

Thank you for responding to my query, sorry I cannot help you in return. I may try to cause the problem again and then help more, later on as I'm off to work just now.

Muyfa666

Trophies
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
Muyfa666 said:
Aha.

So is there anything I can do about the cover?
Well, it seems the problem has already been fixed on WiiTDB, but there are no PAL full covers in English yet. You could go and download the US version image from WiiTDB and just copy it over the offending file on the drive/SD.

I have had this game on my HDD for quite some time, and it was in english before. Oh well. Guess I'll just have to wait it out.

WiiNero

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,

i am on FAT32 now and have found a bug:

If I downloaded WIITDB and go back to the coverview or consoleview, i got a code dump. I've tried 51-53b3 fat. After restarting the loader, all is fine. The downloaded WIITDB file is ok and it will be used.

WiiNero

beemisc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a weird problems with loading covers from NTFS drive (only 1 partition). Some of the covers are broken.
However, with the same set of covers, if I move to SD card, all are good. Anybody has this problem and how to fix it?

Thx

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
okay, really dumb question here. I used wii game manager to convert an iso to a wbfs file, but now it's just SXEE52.wbfs, can I rename it to Guitar Hero 5 [SXEE52].wbfs?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...