Hacking Configurable USB Loader

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
So I take it that the new 222 has only broken FAT support.... My games are on a WBFS drive and all load fine but trying it on fat gives an error.

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
nitrostemp said:
MC DUI said:
Guys I still need help... I'm stuck.

I'm trying to use my WD 320GB elements hard drive formatted at NTFS.
Configurable loader loads fine and recognises the drive but it can't see any games on the drive.

Can somebody please explain how you need to have games on a NTFS format drive in order to have them recognised?

What format do they need to be wbfs or ISO? What folder stucture do you need on the drive?

need a folder called wbfs in the root of your ntfs, and the isos need to be the title id

So I just tried the following -

HDD:\\WBFS\RFPP01.iso (WiiFitPlus)

Load Cfgloader......"no games found"

frown.gif
frown.gif

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MC DUI said:
Can somebody please explain how you need to have games on a NTFS format drive in order to have them recognised?

What format do they need to be wbfs or ISO? What folder stucture do you need on the drive?
Files on NTFS can be either .iso or .wbfs
Naming layout is one of the following:
/wbfs/ID.iso
/wbfs/ID_TITLE/ID.iso
/wbfs/TITLE [ID]/ID.iso

example:

/wbfs/Wii Play [RHAP01]/RHAP01.iso

Easiest is to just use one of the managers that use this layout automatically:
- Wii Backup Manager
- Wii Game Manager

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiistarter said:
So I take it that the new 222 has only broken FAT support.... My games are on a WBFS drive and all load fine but trying it on fat gives an error.
I guess you're using ios 249 by default and letting it switch to 222 for fat only, that's the default behaviour of the non-fat cfg.dol. The new 222 v5 will not work with cfg loader with any fs.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
MC DUI said:
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'm not sure it matters but maybe try with lower case wbfs instead of WBFS, I don't remember if that's important or not.
Or make sure the right partition is selected in the global options - partition selection
Do you have only one partition or multiple?

MC DUI

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
oggzee said:
MC DUI said:
frown.gif
frown.gif
I'm not sure it matters but maybe try with lower case wbfs instead of WBFS, I don't remember if that's important or not.
Or make sure the right partition is selected in the global options - partition selection
Do you have only one partition or multiple?

I've only got one partion, but I'll try your lower case suggestion, and also try a different backup manager.

EDIT - Okay so I just tried Wii Backup Manager and used it to create all the folders etc..

AND ALL WORKING!! Woohoo, thanks for the tips!
smile.gif

wulfie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
fatattack said:
MC DUI said:
Guys I still need help... I'm stuck.

I'm trying to use my WD 320GB elements hard drive formatted at NTFS.
Configurable loader loads fine and recognises the drive but it can't see any games on the drive.

1. your disk shouldn't be NTFS, it needs to be WBFS ( or fat but stick with WBFS - my personal opinion )
2. just plug in to your pc, make sure it has a driveletter in explorer
3. Download wbfsmanager 3.01 , install and start it up, choose correct driveletter and click format
4. after that you have a empty WBFS drive. Just drag and drop iso's in the right pane and that's it.
5. plug in your WII ( most right usb port viewing from back )

nothing more to it

you CAN use NTFS, I am and it's working just fine. What "I" recommend is NTFS and .wbfs files in the wbfs folder in the root of your drive. I also recommend using Wii Game Manager (http://tinyurl.com/wii-game-manager) to convert .iso to .wbfs

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi everyone

I was wondering something that's been happening since ver 50 to 51 (I haven't tried ver 52 betas). The thing is when I play certain games in this case "Indiana Jones 2" the game always freeze (well, keeps loading forever at the same spot). I thought it was a bad iso (I use a fat32 drive .wbfs files) but later I discovered that when I use conf. ver 49 this problem does not happens. Only happens with ver 50 and 51. I had installed cios 249 rev13 and 222mload (I don't know if this has something to do).

Another question related to this: Is there any way to use a updated conf usb loader but with older conf. attributes? (I think this question is a little nonsense but let's give it the shot)

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
I guess you're using ios 249 by default and letting it switch to 222 for fat only, that's the default behaviour of the non-fat cfg.dol. The new 222 v5 will not work with cfg loader with any fs.

I am using the 222-mload in the global settings using the configurator for V52 and it states it is loading 222-mload when the game is launched. Are you saying that even though I have global settings and even though it is showing in the game settings to use 222 and it is showing as using 222 when the game is launched that it is actually using 249????

This is getting confusing.... So I shouldnt trust the loader then as it is not correctly telling me what IOS it is using to load games

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
wiistarter said:
I am using the 222-mload in the global settings using the configurator for V52 and it states it is loading 222-mload when the game is launched. Are you saying that even though I have global settings and even though it is showing in the game settings to use 222 and it is showing as using 222 when the game is launched that it is actually using 249????

This is getting confusing.... So I shouldnt trust the loader then as it is not correctly telling me what IOS it is using to load games
Ah no in that case i would say that you are indeed using ios 222.
But are you sure you have v5 installed?
I would expect it to give you an error with v5...
What does global options screen say for ios?

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Burton said:
Hi everyone

I was wondering something that's been happening since ver 50 to 51 (I haven't tried ver 52 betas). The thing is when I play certain games in this case "Indiana Jones 2" the game always freeze (well, keeps loading forever at the same spot). I thought it was a bad iso (I use a fat32 drive .wbfs files) but later I discovered that when I use conf. ver 49 this problem does not happens. Only happens with ver 50 and 51. I had installed cios 249 rev13 and 222mload (I don't know if this has something to do).

Another question related to this: Is there any way to use a updated conf usb loader but with older conf. attributes? (I think this question is a little nonsense but let's give it the shot)
Hmm, the change between v49 and v50 is the use of the list of fragments instead of libfat inside ios, so it might be related to that. Can you try running diskcheck on that hdd under windows, and maybe check how is the fragmentation of the drive, maybe defragment, just in case this is somehow related... although it should handle it properly anyway... so I'm not sure...

wiistarter

Trophies
XP
Country
oggzee said:
Ah no in that case i would say that you are indeed using ios 222.
But are you sure you have v5 installed?
I would expect it to give you an error with v5...
What does global options screen say for ios?

In configurator it says in Global settings 3 tab IOS 222-Mload.

I definatly have V5. I thought maybe I did something wrong so I deleted the 202,222,223,224 with any title deleter and reinstalled using the V5 installer from the thread. I get no options when installing 222 and it used IOS 38 as base whereas V4 allowed merging.

I was just wondering as I made an absolute Ass of it claiming that the old 249 would load fat but it turned out USB Loader GX just auto switches and even though all my settings said 249 (global and game) it used 222. I just didnt want to be seen claiming It worked if the loader defaulted back to another IOS.

Darlenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I'm having a problem loading back ups with the Loader (original games work fine)

Everytime I load a backup to play, the screen just goes black and my WiiMote shuts down o .o. Also if I want to install the game manually with the CFG, it comes up with error Ret = -2, which is, according to my searchs, a rare error, because no one knows why it happens >.< . I think I did everything okay installing it, this is what I did so far:

*dopIOS-Mod, installed ios36 with the fake sign
*With the Any Title Deleter I deleted the IOS222-223-249-250, and I installed the cIOS with cIOS Installer
*Installed the cIOS 222 and 223 Hermes, with the settings "IOS38 merged with IOS37" and "IOS38 merged with IOS60" respectively
*Started the CFG =|.

Any ideas?

I forgot, my firmware is 4.2e

superloafer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried to do an update from 51 to 52b2 through the update option in global settings and exited. I use narolez' NForwarder, and it will not load(black screen and have hold power buttton to shutoff). Using ftpii I saw the boot.dol file in my /APPS/USBloader on my usb drive had zero bytes. I renamed the boot.dol.bak to boot.dol and 51 is loading fine now.

Tried it again and everything works!

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Darlenix said:
I'm having a problem loading back ups with the Loader (original games work fine)

Everytime I load a backup to play, the screen just goes black and my WiiMote shuts down o .o. Also if I want to install the game manually with the CFG, it comes up with error Ret = -2, which is, according to my searchs, a rare error, because no one knows why it happens >.< . I think I did everything okay installing it, this is what I did so far:

*dopIOS-Mod, installed ios36 with the fake sign
*With the Any Title Deleter I deleted the IOS222-223-249-250, and I installed the cIOS with cIOS Installer
*Installed the cIOS 222 and 223 Hermes, with the settings "IOS38 merged with IOS37" and "IOS38 merged with IOS60" respectively
*Started the CFG =|.

Any ideas?

I forgot, my firmware is 4.2e

Mmh, I think there was a bit of confusion during the whole softmode procedure.

Did you check that IOS36 was fakesigned correctly? If not, cIOSes cannot be installed correctly.

Also, you could use the latest version of dopIOS Mod (11.5, not 11.4 - this one is corrupt) to delete stub IOSes.

Retry to fakesign IOS36 - eg. using, this time, the Trucha Bug Restorer (or even dopIOS MOD, but - if it asks to you this - select all the permissions to the installer (NAND permission, fake sign, ES_Identify etc...).

Darlenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Okay, I'll rety to fakesign the IOS, what should I do after?

Edit: According to the dopIOS mod, the IOS36 already has the FakeSign

wiixale

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Darlenix said:

After fakesigning it, check if there are some stub IOSes with dopIOS MOD 11.5 anymore, then reinstall cIOS 222 using IOS36 to do all the installation.

I have another question: are you using CFG Loader normal (non-fat) version? Did you install one of Waninkoko's cIOSes?

matcon5

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can anyone help me please. I can't seem to use 4GB SDHC cards for anything but loading stuff from. I can't seem to write to them.

CFG USB Loader will download stuff (covers/cheats/titles.txt etc) but can't write anything to the SD says ret=1 error.
Wad Manager also gives this error when trying to install wads from the 4GB card.
Trying to update the loader makes my Wii crash and I have to hold down the power button for about 5 seconds to switch it off. Black screen with tones of numbers etc.
It says SD/SDHC cards are supported by this loader, does that just mean ones plugged through the USB or something?

My Wii is 4.0U cIOS rev 17 installed, I also have Bootmii as boot2.
Do I need firmware higher than 4.0 to fully use SDHC cards or something?

Thanks in advance.

Darlenix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
wiixale said:
Darlenix said:

After fakesigning it, check if there are some stub IOSes with dopIOS MOD 11.5 anymore, then reinstall cIOS 222 using IOS36 to do all the installation.

I have another question: are you using CFG Loader normal (non-fat) version? Did you install one of Waninkoko's cIOSes?

Fakesign'd, checked if there were stubs & deleted them (except the 222,223,249,250,254, they didn't show up), and to reinstall the cIOS 222, I have the v4 Installer, should I use that one?

About the CFG, I have the Configurable SD/USB Loader v52a2, not sure how can I know if it's fat or non fat version.
I'm not sure either about the Waninkoko's cIOSes...

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
Darlenix said:
About the CFG, I have the Configurable SD/USB Loader v52a2, not sure how can I know if it's fat or non fat version.
I'm not sure either about the Waninkoko's cIOSes...
It will state whether it is the fat version on the splash screen and the Global Options page.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjocrCuXN-w