Hacking Configurable USB Loader

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
do you mean check the wii's sd card on my pc and check the covers folder or do i check this on the wii somehow?
Yes, look at the images on a PC or using the Configurator. The faulty image will likely show up as such and you can delete it.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:
do you mean check the wii's sd card on my pc and check the covers folder or do i check this on the wii somehow?
Yes, look at the images on a PC or using the Configurator. The faulty image will likely show up as such and you can delete it.

ok thanks a lot Dr. Clipper

I will give it a try and let you know tomorrow (i have to sleep now to get up for work)

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:

I will give it a try and let you know tomorrow (i have to sleep now to get up for work)
One more thing... If you find the bad image, could you please send it to gannon, usptactical, oggzee or myself by PM? We'd like to see exactly how these images are getting corrupted.

wiiuser2

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Dr. Clipper said:
Remove the "(laatste versie)" from the name and it will download to the correct filename. I can then link that in the translation thread.
Also, it might help to post in the translation thread when you make a change so that people will know to take another look.

ok, done

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:

One more thing... If you find the bad image, could you please send it to gannon, usptactical, oggzee or myself by PM? We'd like to see exactly how these images are getting corrupted.

I will do, finish work at 5pm so will post updates after that.
I removed 5 recently installed games last night before bed and now it works so it must be one of these games: need for speed carbon, quantum of solace, ferrari challenge, medal of honour heroes 2 and 1 more i forget right now.

i will add them back to my drive one at a time to find the faulty image/cover (i know its the long way around but i'll get there) and post my findings.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
supersonic5000 said:
I would like to request a random button please. I always go through my list over and over and can't decide on a game. XD

+1
smile.gif

Edit : I see it's still xmas here at gbatemp
laugh.gif

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
lostdwarf said:
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:
Dr. Clipper said:
lostdwarf said:

I will do, finish work at 5pm so will post updates after that.
I removed 5 recently installed games last night before bed and now it works so it must be one of these games: need for speed carbon, quantum of solace, ferrari challenge, medal of honour heroes 2 and 1 more i forget right now.

i will add them back to my drive one at a time to find the faulty image/cover (i know its the long way around but i'll get there) and post my findings.

ok it is NOT:

Medal of Honor Heroes 2
Ferrari Challenge
Quantum of Solace

Will get back to you when the rest copy back across.

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry for posting this because I know this isn't the right forum but maybe someone can help.

I know the facts that the wiitdb *.xml file cannot be edited because the .xml file itself specifies it, the wiitdb FAQ's specifies it and last time I tried to do it by myself the loader will create a code dump at the start if I modify the .xml by myself (Using MS XML EDITOR). My question is there is anyway to modify it without corrupting it ( I think that's what happened). I'm asking for curiosity nothing more. I know that if I want to add a sypnosis or something I just need to contact the site crew but this is a question just for knowledge.

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
The best method would be to log into WiiTDB and add the synopsys to the site so that everybody can benefit from your additional synopsys. However, if you had your mind set on manually editing just your version of the file, you should just edit the file in WordPad or another text editor, making sure to not disturb any of the braces.

Stigmatic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Is there a way to get your own custom names for some games?
Like a custom_titles.txt file or something?

I have added a few things to Wiitdb, but I wouldn't edit names there for personal use.

For example I would like all Rock Band titles to start with Rock Band, and not The Beatles, or LEGO or whatever, so that I can find them all in the same place.

oggzee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Slovenia
Stigmatic said:
Is there a way to get your own custom names for some games?
Like a custom_titles.txt file or something?

I have added a few things to Wiitdb, but I wouldn't edit names there for personal use.

For example I would like all Rock Band titles to start with Rock Band, and not The Beatles, or LEGO or whatever, so that I can find them all in the same place.
I think this should work:
If you're using sd:/usb-loader/ for all the config files and titles.txt
you can put your custom titles.txt to: sd:/apps/usbloader/titles.txt
both will be used with the second one overriding the original...

DarkShadow96

LA96£
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I have a quick question. I read on the notepad that I can actually read games from my HD while it is a Fat. So I actually do not need to format my drive to WBFS?

Edit: Sorry, was too stupid to look at the first page lolz...>.>

simonarturo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
I swear to god I read the readme, but maybe i'm just blind, I know you can have 3d covers and back(full) covers in the loader (pressing up when in the game scroll menu), but I would like to also have the option to see the disc cover, is there any button for that? What I mean is, are they mutually exclusive?, I still want to keep the 3d covers, but seeing the disk cover when I select the game, for example

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
simonarturo said:
I swear to god I read the readme, but maybe i'm just blind, I know you can have 3d covers and back(full) covers in the loader (pressing up when in the game scroll menu), but I would like to also have the option to see the disc cover, is there any button for that? What I mean is, are they mutually exclusive?, I still want to keep the 3d covers, but seeing the disk cover when I select the game, for example
Basically, you have three different types of view in the loader: the console mode (text menu), the gridflow GUIs (grid-based) and the coverflow GUIs (like Apple coverflow with 3D effects).

Covers work as follows:

In the console: You can have 2D covers, fake-3D covers or disc art, chosen by the cover_style option value.
In the gridflow GUIs: You can have 2D covers, fake-3D covers or disc art, chosen by the cover_style option value.
In the coverflow GUIs: The loader will try to use full covers. If a full cover is not present, it will put the 2D cover onto a generic box with no back.

Thus, if you use a coverflow GUI to view your games, you can have the full or 2D covers in combination with disc art when you select a game. All the console and gridflow views are limited to one type at a time, though.

Wizard1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Wizard1 said:
Yeah because I was having major problems formatting my 64gb Thumb Drive to FAT32 previously I wanted to make sure it was TRUE Fat32, not like other formats that supposedly formatted to FAT32 but was not recognized by my wii.

Ill check back in a little bit, running error scan on the drive.

Ok so no matter what I do I keep on getting the "WBFS error : Bad Magic" error. And regardless the size of the WBFS file it always shows as 2.01gb in USB Loader. Ive tried two different 64gb Flash drives and have gotten the same result =s

I have tried making WBFS files with No Split as well as 2gb Split and have gotten the same result. Made them using both Wii Backup manager as well as Wii Game Manager

Anyone know what the heck is going on?

habsfan0101

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Dr. Clipper said:
ChaosEnergy said:
whatup777 said:
Is it possible to keep covers on an NTFS Drive?

Yes I know it off the translating barrage of posts.
I got mainly half of all pics in a very ugly display, worked fine form sd card
also there was a png error message (posted in irc)
got a crash when switching between the GUIs
OK, it seems that covers on NTFS aren't working. The same thing was happening to the other guy who tested it.

I've been playing with the covers on an NTFS partition for a few days now. Definitely buggy at this point. About 15% of the covers displayed a corrupted image & I also had the loader crash when switching GUI's. Transferred the covers directly from the NTFS drive to SD & everything works perfect, so that rules out a problem with the images. CFG fared better than GX though. GX crashes to green screen immediately when trying to access any covers on the NTFS partition.

jmckutchin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an odd issue I was hoping to find some help for.

I was looking for an alternative to USB Loader GX since it seems to get buggier with new features. However, when trying to boot games from my WBFS partitioned hdd, CFG USB Loader r51 sometimes hangs when the screen says "Booting Wii Game, Please Wait.." Other times, it will boot perfectly. Either way, I've never had this issue with USB Loader GX (though I've had tons of experience with 002, etc), and I did test it again and found the same.

Any ideas?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
mgridgaway said:
I have an odd issue I was hoping to find some help for.

I was looking for an alternative to USB Loader GX since it seems to get buggier with new features. However, when trying to boot games from my WBFS partitioned hdd, CFG USB Loader r51 sometimes hangs when the screen says "Booting Wii Game, Please Wait.." Other times, it will boot perfectly. Either way, I've never had this issue with USB Loader GX (though I've had tons of experience with 002, etc), and I did test it again and found the same.

Any ideas?
Which IOSes (249,222) are you using and which revisions of those IOSes (rev 17, v4, etc.)?

Have you been turning on the Anti 002 fix in options? (you probably shouldn't be, but it depends on your 249 revision)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :O:rofl2: +1