Hacking Configurable USB Loader

bobthebigbat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
bert02 said:
QUOTE said:
Just tried this forwarder with Priiloader 0.3b (r48M) and it doesn't set the App. Path correctly for doing online updates. It uses sd:/apps/usbloader instead of sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg. Is there a setting in config.txt to force it to update to the correct path?

if your using the cfg_forwarder(sd_usb-apps-usbloader_cfg).dol thats in that link it makes you change the directory to (usb/sd):/apps/usbloader_cfg as mine was (usb/sd):/apps/usbloader
there was an update to that file in the last 12 hrs so make sure u have the newer 1

this issue-handling page
shows to set the directory to usbloader_cfg

Sorry to have to post all this again, but it seems there is still some confusion as to what is happening.

I've got the following configuration:
CFG base: usb:/usb-loader
Loader Version: 51-fat
App. Path: sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg

I have the new, new forwarder from the link above installed in Priiloader 0.3b (r48M) and set to autoboot. CFG loads fine and I can launch the games, but when I try to do an online update from Global Options, CFG says the App. Path is sd:/apps/usbloader and thus fails to update because it can't find sd:/apps/usbloader/boot.dol to replace it with the new version.

I have tried changing the App. Path to sd:/apps/usbloader, usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg and usb:/apps/usbloader. CFG will only load if the App. Path is usb:/apps/usbloader_cfg or sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg (the forwarder doesn't work with sd/usb:/apps/usbloader) but the App. Path is still not correctly detected in CFG.

CFG always finds the correct App. Path when loading from System Menu Forwarder (CFG USBLoader - FDCL.wad, USBLoaderCFG_Forwarder-UCXF.wad, USBLoaderCFG_NForwarder-UCXF-Channel.wad) or the Homebrew Channel. Preloader 0.29 JODI with the old forwarders from the 1st post also seem to work fine.

So the problem is either Priiloader or the forwarder from baduncles. Can someone who knows something about forwarders make a simple forwarder based on a dol from one of the working wad forwarders, but with the new Priiloader entrypoint like the one in baduncles forwarder.
wacko.gif

woodoste

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Italy
@ oggzee
The DVD read is a nice addition but can you add a button in the main page of the loader (as in USB Loader GX) instead of pressing the "-" button?
It should be better and very useful for people (like me) who disable the options for childproof
smile.gif

ChaosEnergy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i think update of cfg loade ris not so often,so it will be possible to start it via HBC if you need an update..
until another forwarder for priilaoder is coming..glad now there is one...

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I would like to thank all the people that made this loader a fantastic loader oggzee, upstatical, gannon, dr clipper and other people that have contribute a way or another. One thing that I like most much more than the loader is that everyone here is open to suggestions and willing to improve the loader depending the people's needs .When I arrived here and saw that, I was like
ohmy.gif
. I come from a spanish talking forum I'm not going to mention for respect and there is this great Loader and this great programmer who designed it and at first his loader was for me the real deal. As time passed and I noticed that the programmer has this really bad attitude toward suggestions. If his loader had a bug and you reported it to him he just replied in a bad mood an explanation so high technical that you would ask "what the heck????" and in the end he meant that was me who was wrong and not his loader even if more people reported the same bug. If you asked him something and he was in bad mood and he say " shut up" about 10 users in that forum would reply me "shut up" because there he is "god" and what he said is definite and everyone against his thinking wasn't welcome. In the end I left that forum and that loader and when I arrived here it was like paradise.

what I'm saying is that there are people with great skills and knowledge in the scene but sometimes their attitudes erase those excellent traits in a far way. "PRIDE IS ONE GREATEST DOWNFALL"

Thanks for Configurable Loader and your humanity towards everyones wishes.

Sacohen9665

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigup said:
hi guys

is it recommended to reboot the wii after each game when using CFG USB Loader? or am i ok to press home button>wii menu?

No you do not need to reboot after every game anymore.

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Burton said:
I would like to thank all the people that made this loader a fantastic loader oggzee, upstatical, gannon, dr clipper and other people that have contribute a way or another. One thing that I like most much more than the loader is that everyone here is open to suggestions and willing to improve the loader depending the people's needs .When I arrived here and saw that, I was like
ohmy.gif
. I come from a spanish talking forum I'm not going to mention for respect and there is this great Loader and this great programmer who designed it and at first his loader was for me the real deal. As time passed and I noticed that the programmer has this really bad attitude toward suggestions. If his loader had a bug and you reported it to him he just replied in a bad mood an explanation so high technical that you would ask "what the heck????" and in the end he meant that was me who was wrong and not his loader even if more people reported the same bug. If you asked him something and he was in bad mood and he say " shut up" about 10 users in that forum would reply me "shut up" because there he is "god" and what he said is definite and everyone against his thinking wasn't welcome. In the end I left that forum and that loader and when I arrived here it was like paradise.

what I'm saying is that there are people with great skills and knowledge in the scene but sometimes their attitudes erase those excellent traits in a far way. "PRIDE IS ONE GREATEST DOWNFALL"

Lol Waninkoko???

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Burton said:
ohmy.gif

Thanks for the kind words. We appreciate it.
smile.gif

bigup

Trophies
XP
Country
Sacohen9665 said:
bigup said:
hi guys

is it recommended to reboot the wii after each game when using CFG USB Loader? or am i ok to press home button>wii menu?

No you do not need to reboot after every game anymore.

Thanks for the info

i was playing Ghostbusters last night and 10 mins into the game the wii froze.

had to reboot it, but not had chance to test the game further

any particular reasons why i would crash like this? i followed this tutorial to the letter: http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

Thanks

usptactical

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
bigup said:
i was playing Ghostbusters last night and 10 mins into the game the wii froze.

had to reboot it, but not had chance to test the game further

any particular reasons why i would crash like this? i followed this tutorial to the letter: http://gwht.wikidot.com/usb-loader

If you're using cios249, try cios222. Do other games freeze up after 10 minutes? Maybe your hdd is sleeping. You might try checking if you can disable sleep for your drive.

zaqas

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
well i have a question, im using Configurable USB Loader but my games appear blurry went i play them this doesn't happens in uloader any ideas in what to change in config files?

using cfg v51 (release) hermes 222 cios

Obihoernchen

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
For all of you some additional information for the forwarder:

Download here: http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/
Get the new file it was updated!

The updated file fixed some 480p issues and some other things. So get the newest one!

Pathes are:

sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.[dol|elf]
fat:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.[dol|elf]

First it checks the sd and if nothing were found, then the USB, else "File not
found...".

Return option works, too!

Discussion can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues...sort=&id=39

Abx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have updated to cIOS249 rev17 and Cfg Loader v51. After that, some videos from Super Smash Bros Brawl play with a single hiccup at some time of its execution. Some of these videos are the one from E3 2006 and the Game Intro. That sort of thing didn't happen on rev15 and Cfg Loader v50. Is that normal or maybe it's a problem with my hd? Does anyone also have this problem?

Dr. Clipper

Trophies
XP
Country
zaqas said:
well i have a question, im using Configurable USB Loader but my games appear blurry went i play them this doesn't happens in uloader any ideas in what to change in config files?

How are you launching Cfg? The statements about forwarders seem to indicate there were some 480p issues and maybe that's the problem. Try running Cfg from the HBC to see if that fixes things so you then know if it was Cfg or the forwarder causing your problems. I can't think of anything in the options of Cfg that would cause this.

mousex said:
Obihoernchen said:
found...".
Why this way and not first usb then sd?
Because every other forwarder has always done it in that order, initialisation of the SD card is faster than initialisation of the USB drive and not everybody has FAT partitions on their USB drive for a few reasons.

QUOTE(Abx @ Jan 20 2010, 04:57 AM)
I have updated to cIOS249 rev17 and Cfg Loader v51. After that, some videos from Super Smash Bros Brawl play with a single hiccup at some time of its execution. Some of these videos are the one from E3 2006 and the Game Intro. That sort of thing didn't happen on rev15 and Cfg Loader v50. Is that normal or maybe it's a problem with my hd? Does anyone also have this problem?
Did you mean without a single hiccup? I can make no sense of your post otherwise. Did you reinstall the game between your two tests? If you installed the game using rev14 or rev16, then it would be buggy in any other revision.

zaqas

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Dr. Clipper said:
zaqas said:

How are you launching Cfg? The statements about forwarders seem to indicate there were some 480p issues and maybe that's the problem. Try running Cfg from the HBC to see if that fixes things so you then know if it was Cfg or the forwarder causing your problems. I can't think of anything in the options of Cfg that would cause this.

First HBC then CFG not using forwarders

the

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
@oggzee, may I ask you please, if I am not sure that all my .wbfs files were created by wbfs_file using the option -g (Copy only game partition from ISO), is there a way to check all my existing .wbfs files for presence of non game partitions?

oggzee said:
@the:
If you want to copy only game partitions then use -g
I'm not changing the defaults for now.

celeb23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obihoernchen said:
For all of you some additional information for the forwarder:

Download here: http://priiloader.baduncles.de/forwarder/
Get the new file it was updated!

The updated file fixed some 480p issues and some other things. So get the newest one!

Pathes are:

sd:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.[dol|elf]
fat:/apps/usbloader_cfg/boot.[dol|elf]

found...".

Return option works, too!

Discussion can be found here: http://code.google.com/p/priiloader/issues...sort=&id=39

I get "File not found...Press Home to Exit" with just the USB drive connected, no SD card inserted. When I press Home, it boots correctly from the USB drive under usbloader_cfg. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol